🏨 Kaohsiung City - Hotel | $15,000 a night at InterContinental

Newer hotel in Kaohsiung, seems crazy price for this city but also for the whole of Taiwan. Would you pay that, our company has contracts at few city hotel for mostly staff from Japan at 1/5 to 1/10th the cost.

assuming you mean intercontinental… searching some random dates seems to show romms typically starting at 5500 or so… :man_shrugging:

Yes, auto corrected wrong choice (search showed its a luxury car not hotel haha), this weekend was this price, I guess maybe something going on there.

1 Like

looks like no room available sat night other than jr suite, so that’s (basically at capacity, only pricey room left) driving the price up if you try to book the weekend.

1 Like

I was going to say that 15,000 Ntd gets you two luxury condos in marina del Rey in la right at the Marina

Thanks for the update, bit surprised to see that bigger hotel so full but also know many visitors in town,

1 Like

2 weeks from now it’s $6000.

Maybe it’s just booked up right now for a conference or something.

InterContinental Kaohsiung

Good deal ! In Hawaii now its like $10,000+ a night or more, telling my relatives there to rent out their empty rooms haha. In the end company staff will say at nice hotel for NT2,000+tax. (There is also nice new Marriott, its $7,000+ this weekend)

Yes, seems cheaper now

Lincoln Continental hotel? I like that

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s Maui. I spent a few weeks there recently and the hotel rates were ludacris.

Check around on hotels dot com and when we were in Hawaii before the pandemic 200 bucks a night got a lot of good choices

Course things change week to week day to day

Was in Kona a few years ago, was that rate near $10000,0 retail (company paid as we did consulting work for them so maybe they had a corp rate like we have in KHH). A lot of Maui resorts charge more then 15000, .

Some Minsu on the east coast are charging 15k NTD a night. Check around Kavalan Distillery area. Seems everyone’s idea there is to convert their farm and run a Minsu. All tax free for the host. Cash or bank transfer only. I just stayed at one last week.

Trying to figure out how to construct and run my own Minsu. I think I’ll buy a cabbage farm near 雪山 with nice views, convert it to a Minsu and start charging instagrammers 60k NTD a night.

2 Likes

We spent a night in this place (didn’t have to pay). Superior room officially at NT$32,000… But you probably get cheaper deals for this place somewhere.

Another more upscale place we once checked out is:

Rooms start around NT$10,000

1 Like

I once stayed in a guest house in China for NTD3 a night.

Luxury.

2 Likes