Kaohsiung City - Hotels | Mokkie Goes to Kaohsiung

I think its not legal

Not legal.

Thanks!

What are the reliable news websites and apps in Taiwan please?

Any for weather?

https://englishnews.ftv.com.tw/
1 Like

For some reason I thought you were in Taiwan. If I may ask, are you a Hong Kong national moving to taiwan?

Thanks, I will.

KHH is my choice and I want to stay close to the city centre if possible.

Do you know the most convenient train stations for accommodation in KHH?

Not moving yet, just testing the waters. But when convenient I’ll take the plunge!

I have two identities, both Hker and Canadian.

1 Like

The Kaoshiung Main Station (which is being re built) is the main station. The High Speed rail station is on the North end of the urban city core (non urban Kaoshiung extends in the central range which is remote). I do not think area around the main station is good place to live, though maybe a cheap hotel is in that area. The station access by walking is not easy (by car is ok) and the area in general is old and run down area. More migrant shops and visitors the station area. The High Speed rail station is big and newer with a department store attached but in the north and not much outside the station complex. Nicer areas are now near 85 tower (but not the 85 tower itself) mostly access by car/scooter and bus, Metro is walkable somewhat, the area around the Kaoshiung Arena (there is Metro station short walk away but not a main station) and the Art Musuem Area (mei-su-gaun) which is modern and high end but not near the Metro/MRT. There are some older nicer areas like the Culture Park or water/harbour front areas which are nice with renovated shops, cafes and homes. Besides trains, you can use u-Bike and shared scooter/e-bikes which are nice here to access more of the city. I can walk to my office so I use the car mostly on weekends but do find in the city (as in most of urban Taiwan) parking is a problem though it seems more public car parks are opening !

2 Likes

If you read Chinese.

https://www.laws.taipei.gov.tw/lawsystem/wfLaw_Interpretation_Content.aspx?SOID=184259
非屬就業服務法第43條規定,無須申請工作許可之行為

You can do some kind of voluntary work.

If you don’t read Chinese

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks!

What about areas/streets with good restaurants and hotels?

Where are all the good HK style restaurants in KHH?

Do you know if I can volunteer at a middle/high school as an English ambassador?

Not sure any GOOD Hong Kong restaurants in Kaoshuing, it’s not on the top of the list of types of food (top being Taiwanese (Southern more so), Japanese, Korean, Vietamese, various Western. Maybe in 左營 Zuoying area, many people from China/ Hong Kong roots in the area with foods from where there from but this spread various parts of town. As for where to eat, everywhere has cafes, just get a scooter/bike and search the city or google. Everyone has different favorites (Me mix of simple local and more expensive Western and Japanese) but mostly Chinese and Japanese cafes seem the most numerous. Taiwanese food is good here but Tainan/Chaiyi have better in my opinon (They are more Taiwanese areas than Kaoshiung which more mix mainland and local). Taipei and Taichung will have better Hong Kong food, I had friends from Hong Kong here and they could not find good Cantonese food to their liking (Younger college age people seem to adjust better, knew a middle age immigrant from HK who did not adjust well at all and left after few months bitter for her experience)

3 Likes

If your approach is in a right way, maybe you can.

Articles on international volunteers at school. In Chinese.

Recruiting volunteers for school

https://www.osa.nchu.edu.tw/osa/cdc/sys/modules/eguide/event.php?op=print&eid=1245

http://www.projectletsgo.org/2020-summer-program-tw

I thought cultural ambassador might be more possible, but from HK may be too political.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I’m just curious about where I can get some good Hk style food in KHH. Taichung is Hkers’ choice in Taiwan.

I’m adaptable and flexible so no worries. I’ll survive and love KHH when I take the plunge.

:rofl:
you sure about that?

try this one.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Lees hotel has nice Cantonese food, we go for Dim Sum dinner time, moderate price NT$1,000+ for 2 (about HK$250 with service changes), Dua hotel has nice restaurant and also cost more.

3 Likes