Kaohsiung City - Hotels | Mokkie Goes to Kaohsiung

We’ll see who makes it there first, Mokkie or Noel. I am planning 2024 … So we will see. :grinning:

3 Likes

This is the longest move I’ve ever heard of. You’ll be old and grey by the time you get here.

2 Likes

Currently our family is debating Kaohsiung vs. Tamsui for our move. The lower cost of living in KHH (with me being on a fixed pension) and proximity to awesome nature etc., all while living in a decent sized city, with year long warm weather is a big selling point.

The major negative is the pollution in KHH - however, that does seem to be getting better, with most days below 100 (I consider 50-100 to still be acceptable; most cities in the world [even in Canada!] often have similar air quality levels).

Personally, I think the positives outweigh the negatives, but we will go and spend a month or so in KHH before we make any decisions.

2 Likes

You’ll get bored very quickly in Tamsui imo.

Sure about that? Kaohsiung does not strike me as a very natural place, unless you mean like far outside the urban area.

The awesome nature is in reference to the nature which is found nearby (Kending, east coast etc.).

However, there does seem to be a large amount of parks and bike paths, etc in Kaohsiung.

As for whether I would get bored in either place, my passions are: classical music and playing classical guitar in particular, music overall, Chinese (which I am good at), Taiyu(which I am not good at), running, board games, and Yoga to make a few. Most of them are pretty self sufficient, and I will also be quite busy teaching my son (most mornings) with homeschooling, and he will be 12 or so. We also have a small online handicraft business, that hopefully we can transfer to Taiwan, if I have a Gold card visa.

So I have lots to do in either place I think.

You’ll probably win!

Anyone placing bets?

Sounds like you have everything planned!

I’m getting there!

Are you there yet?

I suspect that ship has sailed . . .

Guy

Geopolitics and all…WW3 is on horizon!

I may just one day wash ashore on Formosa eating beef noodles and drinking bubble tea!

2 Likes

If so, watch your waistline! This habit can be dangerous. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

I love my wonton noodles with cold chocolate milk…yummylicious!!!

How about congee with butter cookies, anyone?

Tamshui is an MRT ride from freak central
No that’s NYC but downtown Taipei is a 50 min MRT ride away

Yuk to both

Obviously you don’t have a sophisticated culinary culture!

Thailand has launched a new 10 year LTR (long term resident) visa for nomads to professionals to retirees starting from September 1. The easy process takes about one month and their quota/target is three million. This will rival Malaysia’s MM2H. Google for details.

Warm climate and high affordability!

1 Like

And you don’t have to survive on congee with butter cookies. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes