Kaohsiung City - Hotels | Mokkie Goes to Kaohsiung

Sky Tower Hotel went out of business.

:fearful::cold_sweat:

That’s why all the cheap hotels etc have moved in. People are trying to make some money back. They where talking about it last month when I was looking at offices in there. But the whole building was shabby and felt dirty.

1 Like

Not good news, but there are many better brand new hotels and I would now days not recommend the hotel or the building. The area around the building was run down, but much better now days with all new buildings nearby (Luxury high rise homes and offices). I do wonder who will buy in " The Farglory THE ONE" , which is 65 floors with NT$30million prices for high rise homes, which near the 85 tower.

Thanks guys!

What are the popular messaging apps in KHH? Line? WhatsApp?

all Taiwanese have Line and so do many stores or brand name products.
All convenience stores (7-Eleven, Family Mart, Hi-Life, OK) have their Line id’s you can join and read daily ads of things on special sale.

Thanks. Good to know.

By any chance have you heard of this school in Taichung?
Holistic school
holistic.org.tw

@mokkie how are you doing in Kaohsiung?

Finding friends and social life?
Finding good places to eat, drink, play?
How’s transportation working for you?
Like the weather?

Thanks for your concern. Due to the present situation in Hk I’m doing a wait and see.

1 Like

Ahhh so now “Mokkie is doing a wait and see”.

1 Like

I want to move to KHH and relax leisurely daily but my Hk stuff needs to be settled first.

With the present political crisis I predict the end will be before Oct 1, national day. In the meantime protests and marches will go on every day in Hk!

By the way as I’ve been writing truthfully here I discovered that some moderators dislike my factfulness and opinions so I will only exercise my freedom of expression on this thread from now on.

fify. Btw, sometimes mods remove posts they like.

So did you move? Was in HK, seems more calm compared to few months ago.

Not yet but with present pandemic, ie WW3, I’m stuck here for a while. Thanks for asking.

Protests have quieted down but far from over.

Interesting. I haven’t seen anything reported on the news for months. I was wondering about this.

In early January there were a few protests but they stopped because of preparation for Chinese New Year celebrations. After late January’s eruption and contagion of covid19 Hkers stayed home on self isolation instead of participatory protesting. From February to now the streets have been quite quiet.

1 Like

Could you please tell me which mandarin schools are highly ranked and recommended in Kaohsiung?

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me the best three star hotels in Kaohsiung?
Kindness?
Indigo?