Kaohsiung English Walking Tour

Kaohsiung Harbor City Walking Tour

2021-04-09T16:00:00Z2021-05-07T16:00:00Z

• Visit the coastal gem of Southern Taiwan - a city where mountains meet ocean
  • Learn about the past and present life around Kaohsiung Port
  • Encounter stories of how seaborne international trade has placed Taiwan onto the world map

Description
As the economic and political center of Southern Taiwan, Kaohsiung - formerly known as “Takao” - is often deemed as just another metropolitan. However, Kaohsiung is distinctive in its geographical characteristics. First developed as a fishing village and later blooming into a port city for international trade in the 20th century, Kaohsiung’s seaborne industry remains an important part of local life and a unique feature to visiting guests. On this tour, we take you through fascinating insights into the stories happened surrounding the Harbor City: from religion, foreign trade, a bit of politics and a stunning seaside skyline, you are sure to witness the most charming side of Kaohsiung!

Information

• Schedule : April 10, 2021 ~May 8, 2021 Saturday 03:00PM
  • Duration : 2.5 hours
  • Meeting Point : Exit 1 of KMRT Sizihwan Station
  • Price :
    • Regular: NT$250
    • On-site: NT$300
  • More Info丨Sign Up Now ► https://www.accupass.com/go/harborcity

Kaohsiung Religion Walking Tour

2021-04-10T16:00:00Z2021-05-15T16:00:00Z

• See the local religious life that has been shaped through history
  • Explore Zuoying - the oldest developed area and the first political center of Kaohsiung city
  • Observe the much-celebrated hybrid community in Taiwan - when all religions exist and respect one another in harmony!

Description
Zuoying is one of the main cultural and historic hubs of Kaohsiung, known for its earliest-established community in the region due to old military base and township. On this Religion Tour, you will not only be able to inspect the different gods that are worshipped in Taiwan, but also witness the perfect harmony between the spiritual aspect of local population and their ongoing, urban life in modern times!

Information

• Schedule : April 11, 2021~May 16, 2021 Sunday 03:00PM
  • Duration : 2.5 hours
  • Meeting Point : Entrance of Dragon and Tiger Pagodas (before the bridge)
  • Price :
    • Regular: NT$250
    • On-site: NT$300
  • More Info丨Sign Up Now ► https://www.accupass.com/go/religion

Is it still possible to get the early bird tickets?

It’s really hard to buy these if you post it after the discount ends.

5 Likes

I figured, if I could get the early bird despite the date I would get it. Otherwise, good luck with your business :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking this too !
Also I guess error in the post , it says “Tainan Old Town Walking Tour” but the info is for Northern Kaoshuing (area near the Bullet train terminal)

I guess there is an error in the post , it says “Tainan Old Town Walking Tour” but the info is for Northern Kaoshuing (area near the Bullet train terminal).

A post was split to a new topic: Kaohsiung Tourism

This should probably say: also known as Takao (n.b. usually spelled Takow, though).