Kaohsiung - Euro places to eat?

It is a good (very good)place but for me not the best as I find local Taiwanese choices the best

2 Likes

lol. what? what are the local Taiwanese restaurants that you recommend?

I went to Croation Kitchen once, thought it was great. Nice to have something different, and I thought it was way better value than German Soul (big disappointment)

Conways is OK, too; but very small. Cafe Grazie probably served me the worst pizza I’ve had in my life.

1 Like

That’s cause you weren’t…thankful enough. :rofl:

1 Like

Cafe grazie is pretty consistently shat. It is something of an acomplishment. Only better than perhaps microwave slices from 711.

2 Likes

if the same Cafe grazie I am thinking of, 7-11 is a least much much cheaper. The Cafe grazie I went once and will not go back if my choice (sometimes follow the group)

2 Likes

Interesting, what kind of pizza did you have? They mostly seem to offer Asian style abominations.

I only dared to order pizza Margarita at Grazie Nangang so far, but keep going back due to acceptable price of around 150NT and (to me) absolutely OK pizza quality.

1 Like

I had one of these, I guess

Yeah, @Explant requested a pizza thread for K-town like the burger thread, but pizza is such a personal thing. I think my pizza standards are actually quite low, but the soggy thing from Grazie barely fit the description for me!

2 Likes

My standards for pizza are low as well, basically cause i love any types of cheese or bread. But grazie is pretty horrible. I only have the margarita now. Even that one often has too much sweet ketchup and is hard to swallow once it sits for over 15 mins. Perhaps like cold mcdonalds fries level. Last one i had was 2 months ago in Hualien. And it was take out :frowning: I like their wedge fries, i often just order 3 plates of that with water.

1 Like

OMFG that sounds horrible indeed. Thankfully it seems the Taipei Nangang store has the quality somewhat under control - no ketchup or sweetness… So far. I only do takeout though, no idea how they are in the store.

1 Like

Imma Israeli has been closed for a while. The location is now Red Circle Coffee Bistro.

I prefer Costco pizza

Potential problems arise if you take one of those Costco pizzas into a Cafe Grazie (such as the one @olm has frequented) and settle into one of their tables for a nice meal. You wouldn’t believe the looks I got when I did that!

Guy

3 Likes

They were eyeballing a better meal, and jealous they didn’t order what you did!

1 Like

Checked out Conways recently, very decent British food run by a real Londoner, plenty of choices too. Need to book ahead on weekends.

4 Likes

I only gone to a Cafe Grazie a few times in my life, often only because someone took me there.

Food there is overpriced and honestly not THAT good. Much rather have all you can eat hot pot at those prices.

I’ve never had a bad meal there. Not great value, very small, and the hours suck, so I almost never go, but I do like the food.

Have you made it to Germal Soul or Croatian Kitchen yet?

Don Burrito is probably my favorite restaurant in town, not Euro but for my money the best food.

2 Likes

Eager to check out Croatian Kitchen in particular. Will also try DBs.

Went to this unusual restaurant in what looks likes a shack from the outside in Renwu。, you might know it? Thought the Morrocan and Turkish dishes were excellent. Place is always booked a week ahead on weekends.

3 Likes

Interesting find, hope did find this place? If I go to mall up the hill maybe I will stop by (if I remember), what did you try there

1 Like

:slight_smile:

at GIEN JIA 挑食, euro

2 Likes