Kaohsiung family (likely not) attacked at CNY

I responded to an ad posted to Kaohsiungliving about a family that had been attacked at CNY. I wasn sent two photos of a man’s neck, saying he’d been stabbed, but he was obviously not stabbed in the neck, just had surface wounds like being scrapped by a knife. I told him that he could post here, but he has not. He’s asking for money to cover medical expenses but will not be specific. He wants me to call his Taiwanese wife, which I can’t/won’t do. When I told him I couldn’t call, he said he did not believe. Then I told him I don’t believe him either. Anway, I’ve posted most of our email conversation to Kaohsiung living, because he threatened to do the same, so I just did it for him. I’m also going to post it here. I did not save all the emails but this is coppied directly from my email. Beware.

Subject: Re: reply to K. living
To: “housecat”
Date: Friday, February 26, 2010, 8:35 AM

I’m going to put your MESSAGEs in the KKH Living. I wanna show all the people of Kaoshiung what type of person you are!
have anice day
Bill and Family… remeber us? we were the people who aksed for help:)

— On Mon, 2/22/10, “housecat” wrote:

To: “Fucyeaho” <fucyeaho@*****.com>
Date: Monday, February 22, 2010, 8:37 PM

Wow. No one in the world is obligated to offer you help. I suggested a way for you to reach out to more people, but you’ve not done it. I will not be sending any money to you. I don’t care if you don’t believe what I tell you. I’m having trouble, now, believing what you tell me, too.

— On Sun, 2/21/10, Fucyeaho <fucyeaho@*****.com> wrote:

Date: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 11:02 PM

we are still waiting for your help…
whats going on. I do NOT beleive U can NOT call us

0982 84 ****

— On Fri, 2/19/10, “housecat” wrote:

To: “Fucyeaho” <fucyeaho@*****.com>
Date: Friday, February 19, 2010, 6:43 AM

I can’t use my computer at home at the moment and I can’t call from work. I will keep praying for you. If you haven’t please post your story on Forumosa.com–you’ll find a large network of foreigners in Taiwan and maybe more help.

— On Wed, 2/17/10, Fucyeaho <fucyeaho@*****.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 10:13 PM

hi and thank you for your prayers.
the attack happend in Chishan Town, Kaoshiung county.
Can U give my Taiwanese wife a call…please

0982 84 ****.

thank you very much, Bill and family.

— On Thu, 2/18/10, housecat wrote:

Subject: reply to K. living
To: fucyeaho@*****.com
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 2:08 AM

I have prayed for you and your family. Please send more information. Where in Taiwan do you live, and where were you when this terrible thing happened? What kind of expenses are you trying to cover?

Weird. :loco:

Not a very sophisticated scam. Sounds a little nutters.

Glad you didn’t send him any money.

GIVE ME SOME MONEY, YOU STINKING LYING BASTARD!

Please?

Thank you

Bill and family

:roflmao:

Allegedly.

Clue #1.

Clue #2.

Fuck yeah, ho?
:laughing: Clue #3

Even if this weren’t a scam, which it pretty obviously is, the guy’s obnoxious responses to you should certainly deter you from corresponding with him further, let alone send money. :noway:

Housecat isn’t a fool, but she is sometimes currious. When I saw the ad on Kaohsiung living, I was currious because a foreigner and his family attacked at CNY should have made the news already and likely have shown up here, but it hadn’t.

I’m no forensics expert, but the wounds photos he sent also didn’t look consistant with someone fighting off an attacker with a knife, IMO.

That’s cute about the email address–I didn’t even think of that.

Anyway, I responded to check out what the deal was, and it was, unfortunatly, as I suspected. I had quit responding to his messages, but when he “threatened” me with posting my response, I thought I’d just help him out with that. I did not censer his contact information on KL, either. I was nicer here.

Allegedly.

Clue #1.

Clue #2.

Fuck yeah, ho?
:laughing: Clue #3
:[/quote]

You forgot Clue #4
: :popcorn:

Bill “AND FAMILY” - which one often uses in scam’s playing the emotional serenade…

Good for housecat, for being skeptical, BTW. :thumbsup:

Yes HC!! SMart o fyou to not get sucked in.

Skeptics rule!

Here’s an email I got in response to posting this stuff on Kaohsiung Living:

Hi Housecat,

Those people are psycho. Whatever you do dont give them any personal info i.e. phone numbers address etc. I am having the same problem,

J

Edited due to legal advice…

Pm me for details.