Kaohsiung - Pay Per Visit Gyms

I’m moving to Kaohsiung this month and am looking for pay per visit gyms similar to Sports Center in Taipei. I know there are Sports Centers in Lingya & Zuoying, but I’m looking for more options to help broaden my apartment search. So, do gyms such as Fitness Factory or others have pay per visit options and how much are they? Also open to month to month, cancel anytime, if it’s a good deal…

I saw prior posts on this subject, but they are quite dated. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

There’s many (very) small gyms like that, not sure about bigger ones.

1 Like

This gym is great and has several branches throughout the city. Think it’s 200 for a one off visit or 100 a time if you buy a card for 1000 - https://www.thegymtw.com/

4 Likes

I use the campus gym at NSYSU, which is nice and new. It’s $85 per visit, or $75 for local residents of the Sizihwan and Hamasen neighborhoods. Annual memberships are also available for somewhere around $8000 per year.

Most the other patrons are international students of the university, which may be a bit weird if you’re older.

3 Likes

Some options :

Source:
高雄運動中心列表

Thank you for the list! When I searched ‘sports center’ on gmaps these didn’t appear in the results. I figured Kaohsiung had similar recreational centers as Taipei…

1 Like

Thanks, the good to know. Luckily I should be able to blend in, haha :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, these have everything I need!

So not many local Taiwanese.

Weird for the international students or weird for the older people or wonder what’s weird…

1 Like

it’s quitea different setup in Kaohsiung, there ARE some public facilities such as those listed above, but mostly we have Fitness Factory here which is great IMHO but more expensive, a few other private chains and then hundreds of small local gyms which could also suit your budget.

Kaohsiung is a huge city so it depends where you land up, there are quite a few decent swimming pools as well. Just takes a little bit of looking around. Don’t worry you’ll find something!

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty funny to be weird because older trains beside younger. I’m surrounded by older AND younger peeps in my gym…must be super weird. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m building a list of places so when I do start looking for long-term accommodations later this month I know what my options are. Do you know by chance if Fitness Factory has pay-per visit options and how much?

I saw posts from a few years ago about Fitness Factory but it was a bit expensive. However it seems gyms have gotten more price competitive since I last lived in Taiwan. I will obviously ask around once I arrive but I’m hoping the rate has come down somewhat, inflation and all…

I mean awkward for the old people. It’s a school gym and 99% of the patrons are young students, most of whom don’t even know the gym is open to non-students.

https://g.co/kgs/Cwi5Dj

No old people work in unis?

Never seen them at the gym. They’re usually only on campus during the day to teach, not to work out. The gym is only open in the evenings so I assume they work out in their own gyms near their homes.