Kaohsiung Public Elementary School Contract Questions

Hello folks! I’ve just been sent through a contract for a public school job at a Kaohsiung public elementary school and have a few questions about general working conditions in Kaohsiung / Taiwan.

The main things that jump out at me are that there are only ‘10 days annual leave during the vacation’ - how common is desk warming in Kaohsiung public elementary schools? Should I basically not expect a good summer / winter holiday? (coming from teaching in the UK it seems strange to me that any qualified teacher would drop from 13 weeks holiday to 2). What experience do you folks have?

Also the contract states that the teacher is entitled to 5 days of sick leave and then 30 days at half pay. However the teacher will be deducted NT. 320 per class. What experience do others have of this? Is this normal in Taiwan / for Taiwanese people? Obviously I’m not planning on getting sick, but if I am I don’t want to end up worrying about losing money. Please advise.

Contract of a foreign teacher of public school may be almost standardised.

From here you can download an example.
https://www.fettaiwan.com/downloads-contract/

This is something that has annoyed me for a long time and it seems pretty much every school public and private does it.

What is the point in having paid sick leave if you get deducted for every class you are absent from? Makes no sense. It feels very wrong. In this case, one truly has no paid leave.