Kaohsiung Tram

Tram hit a car so the line is stopped for the time being image

Edit:
Can add a little more info as I’m home,
Happened around 2pm at the turning just after Dream Mall. Looks like a car decided to turn right on a red, major dent on the drivers side door (and probably wet his seat).
Police on the scene no ambulance and people all walking around, so looks like no major injuries.

Literally an accident waiting to happen

I think they have done well to go so long, the trams in Europe seam to have a lot more accidents. I think last year Sheffield U.K. had two at the same place within a month.

Anyone hurt?

The tram lost face

4 Likes

Didn’t look like it, the person who I assume was the driver of the car was walking back and forth between the police and the car.

1 Like

I agree. They have not hit many cars, or better yet few people which is amazing on the harbor/water front areas with many people walking there. Just wish people/drivers would act in kind on the roads and make it easy(ier) to drive here. After 10 days driving in Japan, it’s return special Taiwanese way of driving.

I like that way of describing it, it’s nowhere nearly as bad as some countries, but by no means is it a relaxing thing to do.

All for a pic!!
https://youtu.be/5VZ01lFB4uU

:crazy_face: indeed, this type of special.

Interesting way to take to photo, better than on the tracks. I guess the carriages will not touch him when they pass.

Unless he falls of course

1 Like