Keelung NIA appreciation post

As per Google maps, it takes the same half hour -32 minutes vs 33- walking or taking the bus from Banqiao station to NIA New Taipei City.

It says 10 minutes by car …if Loreto from Fast and Furious is driving, perhaps.

Please notice we are leaving out the fact that if you are coming from Tamsui, you must transfer to the blue line to get to Banqiao. That alone adds about an hour. At least.

How about if you are coming from say, Pinglin? Shiding? Ruifang? You realize it is all New Taipei?

Why the heck don’t they have a small NIA at each district office is beyond me.

So OP’s move to go to Keelung site is beyond brilliant.

2 Likes

Having so many NIAs would be very expensive. They could just let us upload the documents online for the routine ARC changes.

If they allowed that for locals too, fine. But it requires a level of trust and beyond bureaucracy frame of mind that is simply unthinkable.

Don’t trust Google Maps times. They’re wildly inaccurate.

They can have small ones inside the district halls of each former city.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll add 15 minutes to half an hour there.

I also noticed the lovely mountain on the other side of the NIA building is a cemetery.

307 bus wouldn’t take more than 10 minutes from Banciao Main Station to the area of the Zhonghe NIA.

Yeah. They already have the household registration offices there. They could and actually should handle both.

1 Like

On a good day, sir. With no stops

No. I have taken that bus frequently. It’s a great ride. With people. Just get off at Global Mall. It’s only 2 km.

Google maps also likes to say Jing’an to Sansia is 2 hours.

I took it almost daily at one point. 20 minute ride.

You forgot the hill.

Daily? I’d jump off Shoulang bridge.

Yeah. I said the bus ride to the area was only 10 min.

Sansia’s ride is not as bad as people or Google make it out to be.

It’s 20 min from Jing’an Station to En Chu Kung Hospital.

From Zhuwei I can do it in as little as 35 minutes. 45-50 average.