Keelung NIA appreciation post

Just wanted to share my experience with NIA Keelung this Friday. As we moved to level 2 now (at least on paper), I came to change my ARC after getting a new job and address. I realized it’s closer to Keelung than Xiaonanmen from Xizhi, so might as well give their NIA a chance. I was a bit nervous. Will they be open? Will they understand me?

The NIA is hidden on the 11th floor of one of the few Keelung office buildings. I came at 8:45, all (!) counters were open, and I was the only “customer” there. As a matter of fact, I think I was also the first “customer” of the day, as most of the employees were still unmasked/halfmasked when I arrived.

All in all I spent only 5 minutes there, including a brief chat about my country with the lady processing my application. What a difference compared to an 1+ hour wait at the NIA in Taipei. Anyone applied for their ARC this week? I’m wondering if I witnessed the magic of Keelung or the magic of COVID…

2 Likes

Good post.

I’ve never in all my years here met any foreigner who has dealt with the Keelung City NIA. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever met a foreigner who actually lives in Keelung! It’s interesting that this office would help out non-Keelung residents (assuming that your residential address indicates New Taipei).

Guy

They wanna force me to go to Zhonghe to get my APRC.

Xiaonanmen is closer for me.

Who is “they”?

Guy

Government.

Only one they in a conversation about the NIA lmao.

Well this is what I understood too: you live in New Taipei, you should deal with the New Taipei NIA.

At least they should put that damn thing in Banqiao so people could get there. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Well… my entire time in Taiwan has been in Xiaonanmen

And New Taipei’s doughnut shape sucks.

I want Taipei County back.

my entire time in Taiwan has been in Xiaonanmen

Except your time in Danshui.

Or Tamsui.

Or whatever you call it now. :rofl:

Guy

My time has always been in Danshui or Sansia.

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141386/127061/127664/127671/

I think this is the list of services that you can do outside of your local NIA. APRC application is not among them. @Marco

1 Like

And the Xiaonanmen NIA actually dealt with you.

Interesting.

Guy

Every time. Until now. I tried to apply for my APRC and they wouldn’t take it. Zhonghe’s immigration centre sucks because of its location.

1 Like

I know. But they wouldn’t do it.

I’m moving to Nantou when I wanna get my Taiwanese so I can get M on my ID.

M is the best letter.

1 Like

Are you drunk? :rofl:

No need to answer that actually.

Guy

Nope. I’ve had that thought brewing in my mind for the last three weeks

It is next to the morgue. On a mountain.

Enough said.

Marco, if you want to make yourself feel better when you visit this forlorn site, you can call it HOU-SHAN. :rofl:

Guy

I have.

1 Like

Hou can kiss my words I won’t say cause the octopus is watching.

1 Like