Ketogenic "Keto" diet in Taiwan

Not that well because the medication for my skin condition is messing everything up. But at least I have no stomach problems, and that is good.

Was doing yoga on Wednesdays and zumba Saturdays, but also due to the skin issue my only exercise now is walking the dog. Luckily it is Bobby we are talking about and that is a full workout.

Supposedly a keto restaurant. Cityhall area.

酮版 低醣料理餐廳
No. 9號, Alley 5, Lane 147, Section 1, Jilong Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, 110
02 2748 3285

Wonder if connected with this other keto place in the area.

Found a keto bakery in Yongkang street.

1 Like

great job! just here to encourage you!
i think fasting for 24 hours is great… don’t fast longer than that, the effects actually get lesser and lesser.

I am too trying to challenge myself. Fasting for 24 hours etc.
Now I am trying fasting for 12 hours including without plain water. :smiley:

And i am trying NOT to get into a routine. so as to keep my body not used to a standard eating habit. i am not sure if its healthier, I read in an article about not giving your body to adapt and rest. lol

thanks for this sharing! i didn’t know! going to try out keto bread there soon! :smiley:

Filipino sisig seems to be fairly keto friendly but I can’t find any reliable data. Definitely plenty of fat. Anybody?

A few spoonfulls of chunky peanut butter last night to get rid of hunger pangs. I guess peanut butter is keto, with some brands being better than others. Look for brands that don’t add sugar, but even the Skippy I have with added sugar seemed not too bad on the carb content.

Kind of funny I had peanut butter cravings when on keto and I haven’t had them since teenager.

1 Like

Update on my Anti-Keto high carbohydrate low fat diet.

er…NOT DEAD YET.

Got my BMI down to around 17, but I looked pretty gaunt, and had joint pains, (though those could have been a statin side effect, or unconnected) so I’ve let it come up to around 18 and feel better.

My theory, which is mine, is that if you want to lose weight (I didn’t, I wanted to lose atherosclerosis, which is a good trick if you can do it), you shouldn’t eat so much.

So simple, but still mysterious and hard for so many.

I never knew. This changes everything!!!

1 Like

Bit of a boost for the “alternative” high carb diet, in a field near campus.

At convenience store sweet potatoe prices there must be a few million NT there.

I only took a couple of bucketfulls, since I’m short of storage space, I dunno how well they’ll keep, and I’m probably going to be away over the winter vacation. Pity to waste them though.

I’ve had 4 so far and, as above, am not dead yet. Can’t really see much difference from the 60NT ones except they are on average bigger and more mishappen.

To forestall a Kalorie Klondyke, this is in Southern Taiwan and over a week ago, so they’ll be mostly rat/rot food by now.

You found them dumped there ?

Think I’ll quote Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia here

“As you see.”

Hey what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Or fatter.

1 Like

Crackers and chip replacement?

what do you use in place of crackers for dipping?

Is there anything suitable at a regular grocery store?

What about those bags of pork crackling they sell?

I’m like reverse-keto so probably disregard the above and any other dietary advice from me…

I cannot find pork rinds, crackling, skin chips in Taiwan but it would be great low carb.

I have found pork flavored chips but not real pork.