KFC in Taiwan

Have you gone mad man?
Those are all best dan bing flavours out there. With bacon 加cheese being probably the best one of all.
The normal brekfast shop ones - absolutely have to have cheese. Thats the default danbing imo.
I like rou song on the thicker traditional ones

The guy in kfc told me its because it isn’t crispy. Makes sense nowadays but i have no idea what other fried chicken was availible when kfc first arrived here… besides TKK.

1 Like

This is why I keep returning to this site. Candid truth telling at its finest! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Went to kfc where the self ordering process has reached new levels of complexity and human un-interaction. You first order at the ordering machine… of which there is one single machine that accepts cash. Impressive. Then you have to enter your phone number. And pay. 10 mins later your food appears in one of the lockers and a secret code is sent to your phone, which you then need to type in and free your food.

It was kind of worth it tho this was bangin’.

1 Like

That’s not chicken.

But its the other thing they are most well known for (here anyway).

I decided to get original recipe chicken again, at another one of the listed restaurants (I was in the area). This time I got dine-in.

Interestingly it’s not advertised anywhere -not on any menu or on the self -ordering computers. You have to know it’s available to order it.

Also they warn you that it’ll take 15 minutes to cook. It actually took 20. It really feels like they don’t want to sell this item.

5 Likes

how was it?

More salty than I remembered. Probably won’t bother again.

1 Like

It appears their deliberate move to aggressively season it had the desired outcome!

Guy

1 Like

KFC is not good in Taiwan. When I eat KFC I become sick. Even street food is better than KFC in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I take it you haven’t tried the egg tarts then. They are most definitely good.

2 Likes

Only good thing there, 100% legit

1 Like

True story: one of the universities in Taipei’s university district had a KFC on campus. It was conveniently located in a nice air conditioned space, and it offered discounted prices to students. It shut down after a couple of years of operation. These guys could not successfully sell fast food to students in their early twenties. Think about that. Meanwhile the McDonald’s and the Mos nearby continue to do roaring trade, especially the former.

Guy

1 Like

New KFC branch opening celebration in Taiwan

2 Likes