KFC in Taiwan

That’s why so many little kids are little porkers now. :grin:

I would guess the high fructose corn syrup (or whatever they put into the sugar teas and other drinks) would be part of the problem here.

Guy

1 Like

According to Taiwan News the words 雞排 woke a teenager from a 62 day coma.

4 Likes

Typical Taiwan News reporting. They didn’t even cover the second half of the story, where the brother finished the sentence with “…from KFC” and the guy fell back into a coma.

9 Likes

Now that would be a food coma!

Guy

1 Like

Thank you much, this has me giggling far more than it should.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if I should just grow my own potatoes. I heard it’s real easy, Just cut up the potatoes making sure each piece has an “eye” and bury the thing. You end up getting like 20 potatoes for every potato planted.

Uh…Have you ever seen Texas Ranger’s Fried Chicken anywhere but Taiwan? I thought it was a Taiwan-only thing. And yes, it is far better than KFC in Taiwan, though that’s not saying much.

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. Just a chain in Taiwan (maybe even only in Taipei), I think. I lived all over the US (including Texas) and had never seen it until I moved to Taiwan. The one in Tianmu, specifically, was the first one I ever saw. It would be a weird name for a restaurant in the US, because people associate Texas Rangers with the baseball team and with actual rangers in Texas, neither of which have anything to do with fried chicken.

1 Like

Does Church’s Chicken count? Or specifically Church’s Texas Chicken?

From their Wikipedia page

Church’s Chicken began its international expansion in 1979 and the first location was in Japan. Afterwards, locations in Canada, Malaysia, Mexico and Taiwan were opened under the trade name “Texas Chicken”. The first locations in Puerto Rico opened after locations in Japan were opened.

I wonder if the Texas Ranger Fried Chicken has some connection to the original franchise that came to Taiwan during martial law

Church’s was later acquired by Popeyes, and eventually (this year) by the group that owns Quiznos (a franchise which is already here in Taiwan)

I never tried KFC in TW as I assumed the dandanhanbao next door would be far superior :drooling_face:. Might have to try KFC next time.

德州牛仔 - Google Maps

Did not know Taipei has some.

So much hating on KFC in Taiwan on this thread… I love KFC in Taiwan. The chicken is nice and crispy, unlike here in the UK where it’s soggy like a damp sponge. When I eat soggy KFC in the UK, I feel bad for the rest of the day, but that doesn’t happen to me in Taiwan.

The lack of mashed potatoes and gravy does, indeed, sound like a shame, but we don’t have that in the UK either so I can’t complain. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I love Taiwanese McDonald’s spicy fried chicken even more than Taiwanese KFC.

2 Likes

This isn’t the same as Texas Rangers in Tianmu

Church’s, Popeye’s and Chick-Fil-A are the gold standard imo.

1 Like

KFC (K.F.C.) in Belgium means Koninklijke (Royal) Football Club

in China it could mean Kentucky Fried Cats…

I still mourn the loss of original recipe (薄皮) chicken :sob:.

I feel this guy’s pain.

Not the same thing. I’ve been to countries where I’ve seen that, with the branding just like Church’s in the US. Texas Rangers chicken is a totally different thing that I’ve only seen in Taiwan. I assume it’s local, though it does American-style fried chicken better than KFC or any other place I’ve been here.

1 Like

Crisken isn’t bad. Their nuggets are better than KFC and McDonalds at least.