Kids educational software

I am looking for those kind of softwares for English and Chinese.
My son just completed his 2nd Grade and so I am looking for some good stuff that he can review.
English: ABC, math, thinking, logic etc…
Chinese: BPMF, reading etc…
Do you guys have any softwares you can recommend? where did you buy them?
Thank you.

I hope your kid can spell better then you…oh snap I said it!

Surely better than you. :wink:

oh snap! Got me! :notworthy:

We bought a bunch from the ‘Jump Start’ series, and our son loves them. They’re for the English/math/science part of your requirement. We got them from eBay.

And they run on Mac, but only in Classic mode.

OT but I like this!! I have to add it to my list of alternatives to “sh*t” and “dammit”.

you can try www.englishquest.com.tw it has a good spelling program

Thank you, I’m going to try that out.

English Quest has developed online English lessons, games and assessments for children. Try the courseware at www.englishquest.com.tw ,FREE! Children can practice for spelling tests and play spelling games, and younger children can learn phonics. We hope you enjoy the material and find it useful.

www.englishquest.com.tw - Effective online English teaching for children

Another free one for English (and a bunch of other languages):
http://www.wartoft.nu/software/sebran/

Also www.starfall.com is a free reading program with lots of games to reinforce phonics, spelling , writing etc.

My three-year-olds loved that website as do my second graders (although they like different parts of it). My co-worker shared the link with me last year and it was a godsend. Much easier to navigate than the average CD-ROM game, not based on a commerical gimmick (cough, cough, Disney), and best of all it’s free.

They even have little videos teaching about silent letters and other digraphs.

Lots of free books for kids (in English) available online at International Children’s Digital Library. Sorry, no Traditional Chinese but quite a few other languages available. Reading is always fun for kids, and these are some great illustrated books on this site.

There are over 800 books on the site, but I can suggest you start with The White Stork, a story about the adventures of a stork that leaves Croatia because of the war.

[quote=“twocs”]Lots of free books for kids (in English) available online at International Children’s Digital Library. Sorry, no Traditional Chinese but quite a few other languages available. Reading is always fun for kids, and these are some great illustrated books on this site.

There are over 800 books on the site, but I can suggest you start with The White Stork, a story about the adventures of a stork that leaves Croatia because of the war.[/quote]
That’s a great site, I even found books in Serbian!! :bravo:
Thank you.

I found out about Starfall not long ago as well, I really like it.