Kindy in TW

I think something may have been lost in translation in that article :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay so I tried to look it up and I got lost. Turns out I don’t read law language. It just seems to me that people should be able to learn whatever language at whatever age from whatever person they want to, shouldn’t they?

However…

If you believe the reasons for restricting freedom of teaching are not sufficient, you can petition for change.

Maybe I would. But I believe they’ll make English an official language before this gets to the Constitutional court lol
I mean first the government said its bad for kids to learn English and now they want to make it an official language :thinking:
I doubt any politicians or researchers would have the guts to say that it’s bad for kids to learn Taiwanese, hakkanese or any other minority languages.

But those aren’t barbarian languages, you see… :grandpa:

I don’t get it. I didn’t say they’re barbarian. In fact, I myself am half hakkanese.

The emoji indicates a certain facetiousness.

Oh I thought it’s just a thinking face

We have some of those too.

:thinking: “thinking”
:ponder: “ponder”
:pensive: “pensive” (that one doesn’t really look like what it’s supposed to imo)

Yeah that one looks sad haha

I usually end up sad when I’m pensive, so I try to avoid thinking too much.

@MadamBroccoli welcome to Forumosa. I just want to say I love your name. And I agree it’s a dumb law, but you’ll still get screwed for violating it.

1 Like

From my experience, this is the timeslot when the kindergarten buses kids over to their sketchy buxiban venture down the street.

Public elementary schools have some half days too, so it’s not necessarily kindy kids.

Oh thank you😊
I’ve loved broccoli since I was a kid. Makes me feel like a giant eating a miniature tree haha

1 Like