Anyone riding these days? I just wanted to make sure that if any of you guys are going out, or plan on going out, you have the right kit!
As many cyclists may say, there’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad kit!
What I wear and my suggestions for under 10-15C in Taipei. From base layer to out layer:
- Merino/Double layered long sleeve base layer
- Regular bibs (I personally steer clear of the bibs that have any kind of mesh lining as those don’t really help when keeping the wind at bay) **
- Short or long sleeve jersey
- Softshell/Windproof jacket or gilet
- Waterproof/Windproof jacket
- Regular long fingered gloves (If you’re climbing anything above 800m you need winter long fingered gloves!)
- Double layered leg warmers
- Cycling cap
- Merino neck collar (It’s a thin layer, but does wonders when descending)
- Half shoe covers
- Merino socks
Everyone is a bit different, but this the above is what I wore this past weekend when riding. I know if I really needed it, I would probably invest in a pair of winter gloves and a double layered pair of bib shorts.
Need a more visual approach: