Kiwi Quiz

nz.com/quiz/quiz.html

Alas, I did not get a perfect score.

Why on earth did I not know about this?

solarnavigator.net/sir_peter_blake.htm

I guess I was too busy with a new baby then.

Man, old news, but still … oh, man. :frowning:

How do you eat them? They have those little bitty seeds that are rock hard and plentiful. There’s a guy at the office that eats them over the sink and just makes the awfullest noise about it. I give up. Stick to watermelon.

[quote=“Richardm”]How do you eat them? They have those little bitty seeds that are rock hard and plentiful. There’s a guy at the office that eats them over the sink and just makes the awfullest noise about it. I give up. Stick to watermelon.[/quote]You have to pluck them first. Can’t eat them with the feathers still on :cluck:

9 out of 10. I thought there was only north and south island.

damn only 7.

The kiwi is the national symbol? What symbol is on all the sports uniforms?

[quote=“truant”]damn only 7.

The kiwi is the national symbol? What symbol is on all the sports uniforms?[/quote]
Dunno. The Nike swoosh? :wink:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“truant”]damn only 7.

The kiwi is the national symbol? What symbol is on all the sports uniforms?[/quote]
Dunno. The Nike swoosh? :wink:[/quote]
it’s the damn silver fern. Besides. 5 Islands my ass. There’s more than that in the ‘Bay of Islands’ for a start

9 out of 10 - although it should’ve been a different one wrong. That last one, the “national symbol,” that’s a shitty question. There are two right answers listed for God’s sake! And I got the islands one right, but I just kind of figured that sounded most like the answer they wanted. North, South, Stewart, and a couple for the Chathams. But yeah, there’s a damn sight more than 5, and well more than 10. Christ, I can think of 5 off the top of my head in the Bay of Plenty alone.

Stupid quiz. I only got 5.

That islands question is so shit. There must be dozens, if not hundreds of islands. And like youze said about hte symbol. Kiwi, silver fern both. Also, more people play golf and are members of golf clubs than play rugby and are members of rugby clubs, so they’re wrong about that one two.

Brian

Actually if I remember rightly soccer is the most played sport in New Zealand. Just no-one ever talks about it.

But I have to disagree with the golf thing - “most popular” doesn’t have to mean “most played”. Far more people watch rugby than any other single sport in NZ, which would skew the figures massive in rugby’s favor. And if you compared column inches in newspapers and magazines, and minues of TV news coverage devoted to each main sport in NZ, rugby would kick the ever-living shit out of every contender, except maybe for cricket, but even that would be a pretty distant second.

I got 8. Took a guess on the Islands and the fern.

shhhhh, NZ doesn’t play [color=white]cricket[/color]. Never heard of the silly game. And those Aussies can bloody well just go home asap.
Ponting powers Aussies to series win

Football or rugby? Did a kiwi actually write the quiz? There’s no doubt a kiwi wrote this

bofh.ntk.net/BlokeList.html

Yeah, that dude’s a kiwi alright. He’s an Internet Legend too - the Bastard Operator from Hell. He was a tech support geek at Waikato Uni while I was there. And looking at his site there, I just realized, I actually saw him around a lot. He always kind of looked like a psychopath or child molester though. Scary bastard.

I didn’t realize you were a tech support geek. You gotta stop talking in the third person man, it freaks me out.

Coincidence bro. The psychopath thing is just a coincidence.

mmm. You know about Norman Bates right?

I think Tyler Durden is probably a better modern and more fitting reference.

I got 6 out of ten. :frowning:

In my defence…

I didn’t realize we had quite that number of possums! Nor did I realize we had that large a proportion of the endangered bird list - yes we have a lot, but most tropical rainforests are under threat or endangered, and they have about 90% of the world’s bird populations. Or so I assumed. And I thought the question about NZ’s closest neighbour was a trick question, so I chose Noumea. Quiz said wrong, so I looked on the map, and the distance between Tas and Fiordland, and between Noumea and the Kermadecs still looks bloody close at that. Any facts anyone?

Then the islands. I picked the largest number there was, but I thought they were all out by a facter of a hundred. I mean the main island grouping, the Cooks, THe Chathams, the Antipodes Islands, the Auckland Islands, the Bounty Islands, The Tokelau islands, Niue, Campbell Island, and the Kermadec Islands. Oh look, nearly ten groups of islands.

I got 9 outta 10, i thought we had more endangered bird species.
Hoever I cheated and put in the answers for previous posters on the island and national symbols questions. I agree that they rather are ambigious questions.
Although, none of us calls ourself a silver fern… (netballers aside) :slight_smile: