KMT new progress policy; drop unification clause

[quote]http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=456963&lang=eng_news&cate_img=&cate_rss=

the opposition Kuomintang is seeking to amend its charter that would make the nation’s“peace and development”instead of“unification with China”the party’s goal.

Polls show an overwhelming majority of the people here prefer to maintain the status quo with China.

Under the planned amendment, people who identify with the Three Principles of the People and are willing to work with the KMT for “the peace and development of the country” are considered KMT members in spirit.[/quote]

Once agian the DPP are not agile enough in their policy making. The DPP are too out-dated in their thinking trying to resolve the Strait Issue with Independence and identity politic. Knowing the DPP anti-KMT strategy they will probably have to alter their party charter from “Taiwan independence” to “war and destruction”

The KMT realize the Strait Issue is too complicated and the majority of the people support Status Quo.
It is good to see at least one party on Taiwan is willing to change their party charter to reflect the people of Taiwan.

The KMT the only party in Taiwan grounded in reality.

Instead of pointing out that it is LONG OVERDUE that the KMT change its primary goal from pure fantasy into reality, AC spins it into dramatic progression. After all, scoring 10% on an exam is a dramatic 100% improvement over scoring 5% previously even though its still failure.

Ah yes, the perpetual myth of status quo:

With double digit growth in China’s military spending, almost 1000 ballistic missiles ready to fire, and the largest army on the planet breathing down on Taiwan; Status Quo is Taiwan sitting and doing nothing in the face of massive PRC intimidation. The only action we’ll see AC doing when China takes over is raising both hands to surrender.

I wonder what the percentage of people supporting the status quo would be if there wasn’t a threat from China. A TW colleague of mine told me that people here place no war higher than independence/reunification. Stands to reason that if you removed the threat of war, the numbers supporting independence would rise dramatically.

If the KMT are willing to change their policies to reflect the people’s views, they could start by returning the money/assets they stole from the people of Taiwan.

If there was no war threat, then the percentage of people that want Independence is like 70%…

Once again TI supporters show how out of touch with reality they are. I have recommended dropping the Taiwan Independence clause from the DPP constitution more than once now.

Sure don’t change and continue to become irrelevant in Taiwan society.

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]Instead of pointing out that it is LONG OVERDUE that the KMT change its primary goal from pure fantasy into reality, AC spins it into dramatic progression. After all, scoring 10% on an exam is a dramatic 100% improvement over scoring 5% previously even though its still failure.

Ah yes, the perpetual myth of status quo:

With double digit growth in China’s military spending, almost 1000 ballistic missiles ready to fire, and the largest army on the planet breathing down on Taiwan; Status Quo is Taiwan sitting and doing nothing in the face of massive PRC intimidation…[/quote]

…And so what is your solution? Care to share?

I sometimes also wonder what the percentage of people supporting colonizing Pluto would be if there was water there.

ac_dropout, they are already dropping the Independence thing…

In case you missed it, the new term is “normal country”, not “Independence”…

[quote=“cfimages”]I wonder what the percentage of people supporting the status quo would be if there wasn’t a threat from China. A TW colleague of mine told me that people here place no war higher than independence/reunification. Stands to reason that if you removed the threat of war, the numbers supporting independence would rise dramatically.

If the KMT are willing to change their policies to reflect the people’s views, they could start by returning the money/assets they stole from the people of Taiwan.[/quote]
I sometimes wonder how many of my fellow citizens in nation would pay taxes, if they weren’t threatened with arrest and prosecution for failing to do so.

And then I realize, it really doesn’t matter. We’re all going to Pluto, anyways.

It dropped the use of the word “reunification” in one specific (rather strange) clause. From what I read, nothing about changing party’s “goal”.

Ah, here’s a quote of the preamble, which remains unchanged:
「力行民主宪政之理念,追求国家统一之目标,始终如一」。

[quote=“mr_boogie”]ac_dropout, they are already dropping the Independence thing…

In case you missed it, the new term is “normal country”, not “Independence”…[/quote]
Nope checked their charter. They are still the out-dated Independence party. While the more progressive KMT is now the people’s Status Quo party.

I know it is difficult to accept the fact that your position and the party you support is out-dated now.

Anything perpendicular to gravity is “normal.” What’s so hard about being “normal”?

The DPP and the KMT are betting on two long-term outcomes. However, the KMT is positioned to benefit from short-term outcomes, while the DPP priced themselves out of the game.

Ac The party I support is called Bloco de Esquerda… which is very far away from the DPP, believe (the DPP seems like a bunch of sissies).

If my party was elected in Taiwan:

A) Anything pro-KMT would have been, at least, dried up in funds (if they want their things, they should pay for it)

B) There would be an increase of 300% on the police, being that a very strong IA would be put in place

C) A lot of bureaucracy would disappear (this would lead to an enormous decrease in corruption)

D) Immigration would be considered as “necessary and helpful” for the future of Taiwan (let us not forget that Taiwan has one of the lowest birth rates in the world)

E) There would be an increase of the power of the employees (more protected employees work better - more productivity)

F) Probably, people would make tax payments in a different method (I like the Luxembourgish way of doing it (I never filled up a tax paper over there, yet I have all my taxes up to date)).

G) The EPA would have even more power

H) Gas would probably go up, to finance Mass Transportation Systems nationwide. In the long run, it would decrease transportation costs and pollution

I) High Polluting Industries would start paying more in taxes, being that companies/people that go green would be hugely compensated (After a proposal from my party, the National Electricity Company is subsidizing a refrigerator exchange program - if you give your old high consuming/ high polluting fridge in exchange for a new one, you are entitled for a reduction of 100€ (~4300NT) in your electricity bill)

J) Introduction of real road instruction for people learning to drive

K) Subsidizing of NGO’s to help most of local social problems (they tend to do better work than governments)

and so on…

Uhm yeah, let’s talk about a party that doesn’t even exist in ROC. How fruitful.