Know Any Late Night Coffee Shops?

I’m wanting to find some more coffee shop options that are open late (or 24hr) every day of the week. by late I mean 2am or 4am close.

I know of a couple already. 4AM Cafe which is not too far from Capone’s (can’t remember the name of the area). and another in Xida called Mo!relax Cafe. they both stay open to 4am every day.

just looking for some other ones… area of the city is not so important as I have a scooter and am centrally located.

also, someplace that is hip and fairly popular is important. have no interest in going somewhere where I’m the only person in the place…

thanks!

Insomnia is open a few buildings down from Mo’Relax.

Btw, Mo’Relax is absolute shit somedays. Can’t even get a seat after 5pm and the service is so bad I once waited for a muffin I ordered… 45 minutes later… I get up, time to go, and the guy tries to charge me for the muffin he never gave me. Another time the girl handed me a single shot of espresso- after I explicitly said I wanted a double, iced espresso with milk on the side. And we’re talking a good 3 minutes of me trying to get my translation and sign language across to her. And then argues with me that the single shot of espresso is a double. Uh. No hun, you forgot to press the button a second time OK. And of course Im charged for a double shot. :loco:

I really like the Lavazza behind the Hong Kong restaurant on the corner of Dun Hua and Fuxing East Road - I’m pretty sure it’s open until 4 :slight_smile:

ohhh

guess I should mention, having a power outlets (for free) is a MUST!

and of course free WiFi which of course just about everyone has… except dipshits Starbucks.

[quote=“Oro”]ohhh

guess I should mention, having a power outlets (for free) is a MUST!

and of course free WiFi which of course just about everyone has… except dipshits Starbucks.[/quote]

Starbucks charges for wiFi in Taiwan, but its free in the States. Don’t know how that works out.

oh, I forgot one more, which is the cafe inside the 24 Hour Eslite bookstore on DunHua.

actually I haven’t sat down there yet, but the menu is quite nice and not overly priced like you might think. they have a list of gourmet beers but these are some nice looking ones I haven’t seen anywhere else.

and their desserts look great… not sure if the WiFi is free though. but they do have power outlets.

so, does no one any other ones?? really!?

in reference to starbucks wi-fi… wi-fi is also free at mcdonald’s in the states, but not free here. i’m really surprised how hard it is to track down free wi-fi in taipei. i was expecting it to be much easier than the states. it seems that all of the big corporate stores have it in the states, and the smaller stores don’t bother with it. here it seems lots of independent shops have it, but none of the corporate stores do.

If you’re desperate, there’s a 85’C near the ShiLin MRT station with a bit of inside seating. You wouldn’t exactly go there for the hip atmosphere, tho.

Re. WiFi, I’m told there is a free internet service covering (most of) Taipei now, but you have to register for it. It’s a simple process involving a passcode sent to your mobile:

tpe-free.taipei.gov.tw/en/index100060002.php

wifi is free in Aus but also not free in Thailand and Indonesia. Coffee 85° is open 24h but I am not sure if they got Wifi.

Orange Cafe (aka “Trainspotting” Chinese equivalent) at Shilin MRT. Beer and spihon coffee and espresso based drinks and snacks. Wifi is free but electricity has a nominal charge.

the mcdonald near Michuan West Road MRT offers free wifi. 24/7? not so sure… but i assumed all mc cafe are 24/7. not much of a night owl myself.

In Taipei? Aren’t Dunhua and Fuxing parallel?

Fuxing East Road? There’s no such thing. Fuxing runs north-south.

Edit: I see Chris already pointed out the problem. Yes, it’d help if I turned to page 2 before posting.

Went to this place called Mo Relaxin by Shida. It was open really late as there were many students there doing homework. It’s quite and well priced. Check it out if you have a chance.

See my review of Mo’Relax. Its the second reply on the first page.

This thread is somewhat interesting to me because what I actually need would the same thing (a coffee shop or good place to work with free wifi and outlet), but open early in the morning, because that’s when I like to start working. A lot of coffee shops here don’t open until 10 or 11.

The place I go most is Mr. Brown, but sometimes Burger King and once the library, now that they have free Wifi there. A change of scenery would be nice though.

[quote=“John Yu”]This thread is somewhat interesting to me because what I actually need would the same thing (a coffee shop or good place to work with free wifi and outlet), but open early in the morning, because that’s when I like to start working. A lot of coffee shops here don’t open until 10 or 11.

The place I go most is Mr. Brown, but sometimes Burger King and once the library, now that they have free Wifi there. A change of scenery would be nice though.[/quote]

Thanks John.

What would be your ideal place? I think there is really a thread to evolve for this even expanding to an “open office” thread. Please elaborate and we can find it.

AE

My ideal place would be open early, have free wifi and electrical outlets, and decently priced food and drinks. A nice location or view and not being terribly crowded would also be nice. Crying babies, smokers, hordes of teenagers…not so much so.

Hmmm…an open office thread is a good idea.

[quote=“John Yu”]This thread is somewhat interesting to me because what I actually need would the same thing (a coffee shop or good place to work with free wifi and outlet), but open early in the morning, because that’s when I like to start working. A lot of coffee shops here don’t open until 10 or 11.

The place I go most is Mr. Brown, but sometimes Burger King and once the library, now that they have free Wifi there. A change of scenery would be nice though.[/quote]

YES! Open early morning! I need this. Mo’Relax, Salt Peanuts, Molinari, Insomnia. They all open after 2pm. :raspberry:

There’s always Starbucks. They seem to open about 7am.