Kong shing tsai is really good for you/prevents colds

this is something i’ve found and tested over the years in taipei: eat kong shing tsai at least 3 times a week. if you do you will never (or hardly ever) have a cold.it’s even better than spinach. you will have energy to keep up your schedule.

no wonder my turtle is so healthy.

just heat up the pan for 5 minutes on low, add a little oil, throw in some garlic ,then add the kong shin tsai. stir fry, cover, stir, add salt, stir, done.

get a length cut piece of salmon( not the round cut, the FILLET cut- it has no bones), rub some cajun spice on top of the salmon, rub some oil in a metal baking pan, put the salmon in your little toaster oven for about 5 to 8. you can look at the edge of the salmon to see if it’s pink al the way thru. check it with a chopstick. if the chopstick goes thru nicely, then it’s done. squeeze a little lemon on at the table.

ran, the man from louisiana

If you think hollow green vegetables save you getting a cold then I am sure
it works for you.

I doubt the WHO need to be notified though.

I’ve done some tests as well over the past ten years.
Here’s what I found. Eating nutritious food, doing regular exercise and going to bed before midnight helps me stay healthy and prevents colds. No single food item was better than another in keeping me healthy and cold-free.

This is just my own opinion before you accuse me of talking a bunch of horse-shit.

[quote=“Spack”]I’ve done some tests as well over the past ten years.
Here’s what I found. Eating nutritious food, doing regular exercise and going to bed before midnight helps me stay healthy and prevents colds. No single food item was better than another in keeping me healthy and cold-free.

This is just my own opinion before you accuse me of talking a bunch of horse-shit.[/quote]

Why not talk a lot of shit about cold prevention? Linus Pauling has been doing it for decades.

[quote=“rantheman”]get a length cut piece of salmon( not the round cut, the FILLET cut- it has no bones), rub some cajun spice on top of the salmon, rub some oil in a metal baking pan, put the salmon in your little toaster oven for about 5 to 8. you can look at the edge of the salmon to see if it’s pink al the way through. check it with a chopstick. if the chopstick goes through nicely, then it’s done. squeeze a little lemon on at the table.

ran, the man from louisiana[/quote]
And this has what to do with “Health in Taiwan” again? I’m pretty sure this isn’t the “Cooking in Taiwan” forum.

What the hell does rant he-man know about cooking? That’s damn women’s work!

Lighten up… the guy knows “women’s work”… he took care of his babies for two years! He’s just really excited to have found Forumosa. :sunglasses:

Lighten up… the guy knows “women’s work”… he took care of his babies for two years! He’s just really excited to have found Forumosa. :sunglasses:[/quote]
Oops! I forgot to add a “winkie.” :wink:

Looks like we need a sarcasm emoticon :laughing:

There are many kinds of unusual green, leafy veggies in Taiwan. When you travel out into the hills, restaurants often have all kinds of ‘exotic’ local greens on the menu, plucked fresh from the hillside.
Yam leaves were all the rage last year because someone from one of the Unis in Taiwan did a study which showed yam leaves are chock full of antioxidants and may therefore be good at warding off the big C. I’ve tried 'em and they do taste pretty good.
Maybe I can work in a ‘I yam what I yam’ spinach joke in my next post.

Ask for “digua tsai.” Much nicer than empty heart. I didn’t know they were a fad, though – I’ve been eating them for years.

Well, just a fad right after that study came out. The prices went up for a month or two then came down again.

I actually find yam leaves taste horrible. My mother-in-law cooks them sometimes, and I just can’t get them down. I’m not a picky eater, I can’t think of another vegetable I don’t enjoy, but I can’t stand the diguayie!

This is bad…

Has my life really become so pathetic that I’m actually spending my Friday evening discussing the merits of yam leaves with a bunch of people I’ve never met. Yikes!

hey everybody has a down night! by the way everybody, try my cajun salmon! and a 90NT bottle of merlot from 7-11 makes the night right!

Hi Rantheman, good job. You get kicked around on your thread then come back for more.

By the way, a 90nt bottle of Merlot sucks big time. You have to have no taste or no taste. I think sticking to beer or spirits would be in order until you can get up the price range to say 500nt or better.

I think rantheman is pulling our collective leg.
Any wine connoisseur will tell you that Gibson wine is the best wine in the world, not that Merlot rubbish.