Korean Beheaded

I just watched the video of the Korean being beheaded. Truly sick and very,very disturbing.
When is all this madness going to stop? How can one person do this to another?
I fear deeply for this world.

Me too. :cry:

Are you sure the video was not faked by the CIA? (:roll:)

why do you watch it?

Rubber necking I should think

I rubbered necked and watched the video of Berg being beheaded

Got to say, I almost physically got sick after that. Now I am not going to watch anymore of those video nasties. I wonder could it be said that watching the video is in some way giving support or helping achieve the goal to what these guys in Iraq and Saudi Arabia did ? I mean they obviuolsy made the video to sicken and scare people as many people as possible by recording this.

Out of respect for the the victims I will not watch these videos. What can be gained from looking at this terrible inhumane act being done to them?

[quote=“TNT”]
Out of respect for the the victims I will not watch these videos. What can be gained from looking at this terrible inhumane act being done to them?[/quote]

In a way, perhaps, it is respectful to the victims to watch the videos. These innocent individuals suffered a most gruesome death while many of us were happily going on with our daily lives. Some of us may have been asleep, enjoying a fine meal or delighting in the touch of our lover while a knife was brought to the necks of these poor souls.

Surely to watch these videos as a voyeuristic thrill is twisted. But, IMO, I think it is respectful to the victims to watch the videos in an effort to understand the true viciousness of these acts and of the perpetrators. I also feel it is important to view the caskets of dead US soldiers returning home from Iraq. It is respectful, IMO, to remember the human costs of the war on terror as we continue on with our daily lives.

[quote=“smerf”][quote=“TNT”]
Out of respect for the the victims I will not watch these videos. What can be gained from looking at this terrible inhumane act being done to them?[/quote]

In a way, perhaps, it is respectful to the victims to watch the videos. These innocent individuals suffered a most gruesome death while many of us were happily going on with our daily lives. Some of us may have been asleep, enjoying a fine meal or delighting in the touch of our lover while a knife was brought to the necks of these poor souls.

Surely to watch these videos as a voyeuristic thrill is twisted. But, IMO, I think it is respectful to the victims to watch the videos in an effort to understand the true viciousness of these acts and of the perpetrators. I also feel it is important to view the caskets of dead US soldiers returning home from Iraq. It is respectful, IMO, to remember the human costs of the war on terror as we continue on with our daily lives.[/quote]

I can agree with that, smerf.

And I also believe that the media should show the poor souls who jumped from the WTC to their certain deaths, and there are videos of Saddam torturing Iraqis that we should watch, to remember the human costs of previous appeasement policies that basically ignored terrorism as we previously continued on with our daily lives.

Tigerman and Smerf:

I totally agree. It is time that more of these atrocities were aired and aired frequently rather than a few isolated cases of prison abuse that we see over and over and over and over again. It is time to realize that this is not about the “poor Muslims” as such but nasty Islamofascists who need to be taken down like the rabid dogs that they are. While the media is at it, how about some of those real torture videos that Saddam used to make. You know where his sons kidnapped and raped a 14 year old and then starved their dobermans for two weeks and then set them loose on her when they got tired of her. I believe that the feet into the wood chipper is actually false but there are so many (300,000 perhaps 500,000) buried in mass graves. How about a few videos of their families wailing while they are dug up. Never did see any of those did anyone else? why not? And the media is not biased? Tell me again how?

So how does one get to see this footage? Anyone post a link so I can see for myself, please.

I agree that stuff like this should be seen so that the horror of conflict etc. can be understood in the hope that a deterrent factor may play a part.

Everyone should go and have a look at Auschwitz too.

Incidentally Abu Ghraib should be left as a memorial to ALL those who suffered there. Brushing history under the carpet as the Buscists propose would be a disservice to the memories of ALL who passed through that place.

Simon WiesenBroon

[quote=“tigerman”]
I can agree with that, smerf.

And I also believe that the media should show the poor souls who jumped from the WTC to their certain deaths, and there are videos of Saddam torturing Iraqis that we should watch, to remember the human costs of previous appeasement policies that basically ignored terrorism as we previously continued on with our daily lives.[/quote]

I’m not sure I see the connection between Saddam torturing Iraqis and previous appeasement policies that basically ignored terrorism. Also, I am not talking about the media showing the videos. Instead, I am referring to individual choice to watch the videos as a memorial to the victims. I don’t think these videos should be shown on TV because I fear that they would simply turn into a ratings war tool between the networks as each tries to out gore its competitors.

There was a good story a while back in either TIME or Newsweek on the torture of Iraqi athletes by Saddam’s son, Uday. I think this will be a big story in the upcoming Olympics.

In the 9/11 documentary by the two French (?) brothers, there was a scene when they were filming from inside one of the Towers and you could hear bodies landing on the ground outside. That made me ill.

Fred, the US is great because we air our dirty laundry. We are better than the Islamofacists because we are not afraid to show the Abu Ghraib images and face the world’s criticism. The Islamofacists are proud to show their gruesome murders of innocent life. We show Abu Ghraib and acknowledge its wrongfulness. Keep your eye on the big picture. Remember, we are better.

Well, you stated:

I agree. Likewise, if it is respectful to look at such horrors to remind us of the cost of the War on Terror, it must similarly be respectful to look at such horrors committed prior to the War on Terror to remind us of the cost of not conducting the War on Terror.

I wouldn’t watch this stuff on any medium. I don’t need to see horrors to understand that they are horrors. I’m just saying if it serves a purpose to show some horrors it must serve a purpose to show other horrors.

smerf,

I doubt you’ll get much of an argument from fs or myself on this point. Our point is, simply, that some people who see us air our dirty laundry seem unaware that others have even dirtier laundry. Not making an excuse for our dirty laundry… just asking for some perspective.

Indeed, let’s keep our eyes on the big picture.

Well, you stated:

The difference is that our government chose to engage in a war in Iraq as part of its war on terror. Our government concluded that a connection existed between the old Iraqi regime and terrorist attacks against the US. This conclusion is clearly debatable.

Saddam’s torture of his own civilians would have occurred regardless of US policy on terrorism. Unless, of course, we want to include the torture of all civilians in any country by any regime in the definition of the war on terror. I don’t think that is the present policy of the US in the war on terror.

Fine. I didn’t disagree with you.

not all of it. There are some Abu Ghraib images unreleased.
The critisism that was faced was that of a congressional panel.

Smerf:

Agree entirely. I merely wish to point out that the costs of appeasement are rarely broadcast or covered while the abuses at Abu Ghraib are. I certainly support the media delving into these abuses but when they start to hurt the war effort and journalists choose to focus only on the negatives then I have a problem. In my book, while Abu Ghraib is a mistake that must be dealt with, excessive focus on it does precisely what it should not. It causes people to become confused about the big picture and that’s where I have a problem. I really do believe that the reason there is so little balance here is because most journalists are angry about how frequently they (smarter) have been proven wrong by events in Iraq by someone like that Bush (must be an idiot because he disagrees with them). I loved Bush’s quote about how he is not swayed by only wahat he sees in the news and how the journalist questioned him sharply and he pointed out that the media is not the sole TRUTH and it would not change his convictions. Excellent riposte but before someone comes screaming about how Bush is an idiot, the context of the situation had to be understood and it was meant to indicate that the media is not the end all source of truth, not that Bush does not keep up on important world events.

Our government correctly concluded that there was a connection between the old Saddam regime in Iraq and terrorists, and reasonably saw a threat that the old Saddam regime and terrorists could in the future cooperate even more closely and that WMD might be a part of such closer cooperation. I don’t think this is debatable.

No, once Bush changed US policy with regard to terrorism and states that sponsor terrorism (such as Iraq) the torture of Iraqi civilians ceased (OK, OK, with the exception of the unfortunate events of abuse of Iraqi detainees by some US troops). Thus, US policy regarding terrorism has affected Saddam’s ability to torture and kill his own citizenry.

You’re right, it isn’t. But, as I pointed out above, US policy under Bush re terror has changed the fates of many Iraqi civilians.

www.ogrish.com

Disclaimer: Things that can be found on this site are of a very disturbing nature. I do not recommend it to anyone who doesn’t feel they can stomach real life violence of this magnitude.

You can find it there along with the other execution videos. I agree with a lot of what all of you are saying. However let’s not forget that for every person sickened by this, there are others like myself. These videos awaken such a massive rage in my heart like nothing else on earth could. 9/11 is the only other thing I can think of that puts me into what could be best described as vengeful rage…and it’s not just for Americans. Anyone senselessly murdered by these barbarians sets me off. :fume:

Here ya go. Two formats, MPEG4 (you may need QuickTime to view it) or Windows Media Format (you’ll need a recent Microsoft Windows).
aei.org/events/eventID.844,f … detail.asp

Note: this is videotape of Saddam’s torturers in their day-to-day activities.

I don’t think the government sponsored censoring of this type of information is necessary. Whether an individuals wants to watch something like this is a personal choice. But it is a source of information for future historians to examine, when the dust on this “War on terror” settles down.

I wouldn’t mind when I’m in retirement age for someone much smarter than myself explain what the hell been going on for the past 3 years and the “War on Terror”

What? The government is censoring this? Not to my knowledge. The media has been self selectively censoring the kind of atrocities the world sees and it fits in very much with a liberal slant. Why no photos of Monica’s dress? They should be putting this kind of stuff on each and every day each and every hour so people understand what we are fighting against.

Does Forumosa have a policy on posting of links to gore sites?
Invite people to do a search for key words, but direct links to gore, mpegs of people being decapitated…:astonished: :help: