Korean stores/ food in Taipei

Is there any korean food stores or just korean stores in Taipei. If so, where?

There are a couple of Korean stores on Zhongxing street in Yonghe. Right beside Dingxi MRT station, exit 1.

Sweet, I found it great directions. Only thing is they don’t have much, they do have soju, which is good, and about the same price as a ottle back home.

Oh and the workers there aren’t even from korea or speak korea, which was strange.

I found some Korean restaurants, though not so good, one in Banchao and one in Tienmu, I guess it’s taiwan korean food, just like chinese american food back home.

Anyone else see anything, let me know

[quote=“kwaz666”]Sweet, I found it great directions. Only thing is they don’t have much, they do have soju, which is good, and about the same price as a ottle back home.

Oh and the workers there aren’t even from Korea or speak Korea, which was strange.

I found some Korean restaurants, though not so good, one in Banchao and one in Tianmu, I guess it’s taiwan Korean food, just like Chinese American food back home.

Anyone else see anything, let me know[/quote]

At Wellcome, they sell dduk-bbok-gi packages that you can use to make this dish yourself. They also sell dduk-gook-dduk if you know how to make this soup.

I found a good restaurant with Korean owners (I heard one of the workers speaking with someone else with a serious North Korean accent) near the Brother Hotel area. But it’s in an alley and so too difficult to explain how to get there. Fairly authentic. PM me if you want to consider this place and I’ll go one day, get their card, and let you have more details.

There is a small shop selling Korean imports in the Rose China City (Meigui Zhongguo Cheng) Community in Xindian. The owner is a returned overseas Chinese from Korea.