Krav Maga or Kendo in Taipei?

Does anyone know any Krav Maga or Kendo Club or class in Taipei Main Station area? I want to get back / re-start these two. Thank you.

I was interested in Kendo before but never really gave it a try. Is it an “expensive” sport to get into?

Yes, kendo is expensive compared to other martial arts. The bogu (armour) is the most expensive part, and you’ll also need a bag for the armour, which is an odd shape. The cheap bags suck. If you train regularly, you’ll also go through shinai (bamboo swords) pretty quickly too. The clothes (hakama and keikogi) are more expensive than those in other martial arts too.

To the OP: Don’t know, sorry. I used to train at the kendo club in Taoyuan, and now train at the club in Taidong (though not right now as I have an injury). There are lots of clubs island wide. A better place to ask this question might be the Kendo World Forums.

If you’re interested in either or these two, you’re going to have to travel.

taipeikendokan.wordpress.com/
This is a good dojo over in WanHua in the same building as the police station. They even have English speakers apparently.

kendo.com.tw/dojo/taipei.htm
This is supposed to be one of the highest level teachers outside of Japan and one of the best dojos in Taiwan.

facebook.com/groups/142551382486008/
This is the Facebook link for the Taiwan krav maga group.