Ktown wants its monkeys to stop monkeying around

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … hiring.htm

Is it gonna work? Those monkeys are second and third generation (if not more) pilferers. And pan handlers thanks to all those folks that have been feeding them.

What can they do? Outside of capturing the whole lot of them and sending them deep in the mountains to carve out a new hang out?

They’ve got their work cut out for them. They’ll be dealing with monkeys that are reportedly clever enough to milk goats: [quote=“On October 13, 2001, the Taipei Times”]Tsaishan residents said that they have often seen the monkeys milking goats in the past, adding that they tended to appear in the morning and would hang around with the goats in order to steal their food. Not satisfied with this petty larceny, they then grab the goats’ teats and milk them.[/quote] taipeitimes.com/News/local/a … /13/106877

One approach would be to put up big signs warning people about “CHV-1, also known as Monkey B virus”: [quote=“On June 07, 2005, the Taipei Times”]Health officials yesterday warned hikers and tourists not to feed wild monkeys, saying that a potentially deadly virus had been discovered among some 30 Taiwanese macaques.[/quote] taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003258281

Its come to this,

There are lots of monkeys in the area , they can live in this smaller city park area.

It’s good firearms training for the invasion.

1 Like

Those ktown monkeys are nasty. Good idea to carry a bb gun for them

Wait is this related to the monkey pox going round now ??

I go riding around NSYSU campus and up the hill along the coast toward the end of the line at the military camp quite a lot. The # of monkeys have increased a lot. They are not fukking like rabbits, but they’re certainly giving rabbits a run for their money.
My son and I noticed that the monkeys are now coming down off of Gushan (where zoo is) and coming to the flatlands of Gushan 2nd and 3rd Roads. I can imagine the elderly in the military projects are not liking it.

1 Like

Does it sting enough to stop them? Maybe an expandable baton, taser, or pepper spray is a better choice?

So . . . are you suggesting we arm and train the macaques? :thinking:

Guy

No, we’re training the people for the invasion from the thieving apes we call the PLA.

Can we count on the FORMOSAN macaques to help?

Guy

Like people, the monkey prefers goat milk over there own .

I am no monkey expert but my opinion is that if the monkeys saw a couple of their group being caught and hauled away they would begin to fear people. They are not stupid…observing a man physically capturing one of their own would slow down their aggressive intrusion. Loud noises are not going to have much impact. If they actually saw or got hurt by the bb gun that would help.

I don’t think so, but I don’t know enough about viruses to say for sure.

My brother shot me with an air-pump bb gun enough as a kid, I can say, “it is an effective deterrent.”

1 Like

When we’re talking about airsoft/BB guns we’re also talking about illegally modified BB guns that makes it shoot faster than factory. While technically illegal I don’t know how well they are enforced. They can easily punch through tin cans too.