Kuala Lumpur April 21 Olympic Torch Relay

The Beijing Olympic flame will arrive in Kuala Lumpur this April 20 on Sunday for the torch relay event which will take place the following day on April 21 (Monday). Let’s support the Olympics!

The torch relay has been met with hostilities and disruptions in western cities. The outrageous protests in London, Paris and San Francisco were insolence shown to the Chinese people as the Olympic Games is supposed to be a gift for the people of China. The rude and unfriendly gestures were also a form of political discrimination towards the country. Despite the ordeal, the “Long March to Beijing” continues as the Chinese, as well as the Olympic spirit, brave through the challenges.

The people of China has been enthusiastic about the Olympic Games. But their kind intention did not get matching response in the west. Their hospitality was met with inhospitable treatment. Their friendliness begets unfriendly attitude. The oppositions are directed at the wrong target for the wrong reasons. I couldn’t stand to watch it! Jin jia si kua buey lok ki! (Fujian/Hokkien) Ngo tai em lok hoi! (Cantonese) So I want to show my support for China’s Olympic Games. I will be in KL this April 21!

I will not be alone to come from the down south. The Chinese societies in Xinshan (Johor Bahru) will be travelling to KL on the morning of April 21 to support the Beijing Olympic. But I will not be travelling with the group as I’ll be driving my own car to KL on April 20.

Those who’re in KL, show up in FULL FORCE for the Olympics! Those who feel the same, those who’re interested, those who care, and those who can make it to KL, COME SUPPORT THE CAUSE! Just wave the Olympic flag. Wave the Chinese national flag. Wave the Malaysian flag. And wear red on that day.

The opening ceremony will begin at 2pm at the Merdeka Square and end with the closing ceremony at 6pm. Armed with a 3G phone, a 3G unlimited data plan and a notebook, I will be bringing you LIVE coverage of the event by transmitting LIVE images from the sites and videos will be uploaded later that day. If everything goes fine, without connection or device problems, the update will begin as early as 1pm Malaysian time.

Go to “L F | Flickr” for live photos and reporting of the event. More details about the event, such as the routes and locations, will be updated here. Stay tuned!

Btw, will the torch be running in Taiwan??[/img]

shill.

As you please. But, don’t count on my support.

Insolence?

Who says that the Olympics are a gift to China or the Chinese people? If anything, the 2008 Olympics should be deemed a gift to the world from China.

Tell that to the Tibetans, and to the suffering people in Burma and Darfur.

Again, go tell the Tibetans and the suffering people in Burma and Darfur about this terrible ordeal.

Again, go tell the Tibetans and the suffering people in Burma and Darfur about this terrible insult. Don’t forget to tell the Tibetans how friendly China is.

Why are you telling us this?

What do you think?

Her left arm’s really small.

I hope those bumiputras aren’t feeling too antsy on that day!

HG

And especially if you’re disgusted by those murdering Beijing douchebags and their filthy scumsucking thugs then YEAH! Get out there in KL and make your opinions known!
NEVER let those Beijing bastards forget that they’re reviled by decent people the world over!

I’m looking forward to the Tibet leg of the torch run. I’m sure the locals will throw baskets of rose petals on the path. :hubba:

What about the Jakarta leg? Are they going to hand the “torch” over to the local people?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]What about the Jakarta leg? Are they going to hand the “torch” over to the local people?

HG[/quote]
Ouch!

Tigerman: [color=green]the 2008 Olympics should be deemed a gift to the world from China…Tell that to the Tibetans, and to the suffering people in Burma and Darfur…Again, go tell the…Again, go tell the…[/color]

Pathetic. Surely, you can do better without getting all so worked up and without deflecting all the points given.

Huang Guang Chen: [color=green]I hope those bumiputras aren’t feeling too antsy on that day[/color]

They’re busy with internal politics at the moment, much more exciting than what’s happening to the world.

Mother Theresa: [color=green]I’m sure the locals will throw baskets of rose petals on the path[/color]

You sure is Mother Theresa. You can foresee what’s going to happen even before it takes place. And you should reveal more secrets about the reactions of some people who would surely call it “shill” when they see this happening.

You say discrimination like it’s a bad thing. Discrimination can be a good thing, and when it is based on merits it is a great thing. China might be a developing nation in terms of its economy, but it is still one of the lowest third world nations in terms of its morality. When China is ready to join the League of Civilized Nations, I’ll start treating it like one. Until then - China can blow itself.

Maybe sports and politics should not mix.

Maybe critics of the CCP should vote with their feet e.g. boycott Chinese-made goods.

Maybe the UN should send a peacekeeping force to Sudan… oh wait.

Maybe the Tibetans are cute; the Palestinians, not so much.

I don’t think he had all the definitions of ‘discrimination’ in mind, reading in context it should be clear what he meant.

I don’t think he had all the definitions of ‘discrimination’ in mind, reading in context it should be clear what he meant.[/quote]
And I think almost any definition of political discrimination is a good thing here. I wasn’t being pedantic.

Sorry-lah.

I am critical of China’s policies, and I am critical of the Chinese decision to turn their torch realay into a political statement (their decision to mix sport and politics, not mine).

i am NOT critical of the games themselves, and I am only mildly critical of the Games being awarded to China (too much pollution, some concern over the state conrol over drug testing labs, etc, with all the attendant concern over state-sanctioned doping violations, a la East Germany and Russia back in the 1970s and 1980s).

sheesh. just when there comes a good opportunity to remind China of their huge failings in human rights, despite all their claims to the contrary and protestations that if given the games they would fix things up, some person wants me to forget all that and praise the torch. now how is THAT not mixing politics and the Games? riddle me that one, please.

Absolutely. Athletes train their whole lives for one, maybe two, shots at the games. Now it’s implied that they should sit out in protest? Why Olympics? Why not the people who do business there every day and, thus directly prop up the regime? Think the stuffed shirts would ever put their own interests where their mouths are? Didn’t think so.

Instead we have these cynical, paper tiger sympathy protests and half-assed “possible” opening ceremonies boycotts promised by lame-ass politicians.

All of which will do nothing to affect any real change in the regime in Beijing. The only result from the current actions will be the, however unintended, humiliation and alienation of the Chinese people everywhere.

The Dalai Lama has said he’s in favor of the games, so on with the games. Want to deal with larger issues like human rights? Then actually deal with them in a real way.

Maoman: [color=green]When China is ready to join the League of Civilized Nations, I’ll start treating it like one. Until then - China can blow itself[/color]

In other words, the action to vilify China by means of unscrupulous methods such as fabricating stories about ‘peaceful’ and ‘non-violent’ demonstration in Tibet were dealt with a make-belief brutal suppression is legitimate. Such an action has misleaded the public of the truth and caused damaging effects on China (goods) and the Chinese people (jobs). This is no different from being ‘uncivilised’ and the discrimination in this case and context is a bad thing which is based on sinister political agenda of western governments. Uncivlised joining the League of Uncivilised?? Why don’t you blow yourself?

urodacus: [color=green]I am critical of the Chinese decision to turn their torch realay into a political statement[/color]

How

[color=green]just when there comes a good opportunity to remind China of their huge failings in human rights[/color]

I think this is a good opportunity to threaten China to behave (politically and economically) according to the wish (economic consessions and cooperation) of western governments. In other words, be obedient.

Toasty: [color=green]Why not the people who do business there every day…[/color]

And that would impoverish hundreds of millions of Chinese people, how is that a real ‘positive’ change. In order to change China, as usual, the old way, win the people’s heart and mind. To achieve that, it will entail understanding how the ruling party has changed and affected their lives. Then you’ll see what really goes on. But I’m not too optimistic that you’re the kind of person I wish to believe you are. Still, it might be good for some readers who care to know.

Just reading these posts sickens me to the extent China-bashing is considered acceptable in the mainstream.

Not China bashing, ac. Dirty slimy commie Beijing butcher-bashing, sure. Soon as those filthy fuckers are out of there and some less odious people in their places, I’ll be all over China like a rash. Until then … yeah, blow those commie fucktards.
Just like I don’t bash the UK. Sure, daftie baw-heid Gordon-whaur’s-my-panties-Broon and his labour fuckwads deserve everything they get, but its not “UK-bashing.”