Kura Sushi - Taiwan's Ultimate Kaiten Chain?

Kura sushi is average at best. Probably amongst the best you can get in Taiwan, but that’s not saying much. It does the job, but it’s not a culinary experience.

Remember the thread’s subtitle: “Taiwan’s Ultimate Kaiten Chain.” This means the bar is already placed low. :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

Yitiaotong, a local chain, deserves an honorable mention. The few times I’ve visited were quite satisfactory. The only difference between it and the other chains is there is no rotating conveyor belt. Instead, the food is delivered to your table via an express sushi train on a single track. Thing is you’d better pick up your food right away so as not to cause a traffic jam. So everything is made to order with nothing sitting on a conveyor belt going stale.

1 Like

I can’t eat sushi express without having digestive issues afterwards

I honestly thought you were saying kitten sushi, you know the sushi you try to eat but the kitten keeps taking from you.

2 Likes

I would call it expensive rice.

That’s an easy one to fix. Don’t eat there!

Guy

I can have a nice lunch at Hama and comparable shops for around NT$200 or so, with nice strong tea included. I find the price to be very reasonable given what I am eating.

Guy

2 Likes

I wonder why the news organization doesn’t include something useful like the address.

It seems they closed for a while during Covid, and now I’m seeing they’ve re-opened at a new location. If this is correct, I definitely enjoyed their food a few years ago. I’ll go the next time I’m in Hualien.

Edit: Maybe I’m thinking of a placed California Sushi. Anyway, will check out this 121 place.

Lol their plates are almost an exact rip off of sushiros.

some news, not good.

I also went to big store. Was not impressed, I prefer other chain

2 Likes

Shouldn’t there be criminal charge for this? I heard of people licking ice cream buckets in the states and that earned them a criminal charge.

2 Likes

Yes, but I think they are underage.