Kymco Ionex Electric Scooter

Jokes are funnier when theres a modicum of truth involved. :grinning:

1 Like

The gogoro concept is good . I wish it could be financially viable without so much government help though .those figures show the reality that most people still buy normal scooters

i think more budget models could be made. the wemo feels pretty under-powered and budgety. it does not have a cool design like gogoro. it looks like a bog standard taiwanese scooter. but still it could do the job of most gas scooters here. pull your finger out taipei govt.

1 Like

Me too, so I just downloaded the app and tried to sign up. The process includes scanning your driver’s license and ID, and entering a credit card. Everything went well except…“We found an issue with your ID. Please contact support for more information” How much you want to bet that it’s because it’s an ARC and not a local ID? They have a chat support on the app, but of course there are no agents available at 11:00pm. I’ll try tomorrow and see what happens. Crossing my fingers it’ll work because I really want to try this system.

2 Likes

An update to the above: I didn’t get around to contacting GoShare’s customer support until today. Their app has a convenient “chat” support line…

Screenshot_20190918-112627_1

Since the entire app has been in good English so far, I took a chance and described my problem in English. I got an immediate reply…

Photo%20editing_Cloud20190918_2

Yep, in Chinese. Ok, anyway they said I need to send email copies of my ARC and license and they’ll get back to me in 3 to 5 business days.

I’ll keep this updated. By the way, I saw my first GoShare the other day…

P_20190917_211525

I can’t wait to try it out. They have quite a number available…

Screenshot_20190918-113528

EDIT: By the way, be sure to take screen shots of your “chat” with customer service. When you exit, it doesn’t save it, so you have no record of your issue. Who designed that? Fortunately I had taken screen shots because, well, this is Taiwan.

1 Like

kind of surprising that this service from gogoro has worse service than than wemo. i was able to register with wemo and have it working in less than an hour. they are responsive to customer service too. kind of sucks you can’t use this gogoro app without an ARC.

Update: Today is the 5th business day since I sent an email about not being able to register for GoShare. And, as I expected, I haven’t received a response. I’ll send another email tomorrow; in the meantime I’ll search for an alternate way to contact them. :roll_eyes:

Better to.use Chinese obviously…

Agreed. I usually try to use Chinese, but because the app was completely in English, and perfect English at that, I assumed I could use English with customer service. I guess that’s what I get for assuming.

2 Likes

[Mods: Maybe my posts should be moved to a Gogoro or GoShare thread?]

UPDATE: I emailed a second request, in English and Chinese, on Sept. 27, seven business days after my first email. I ended the email with, “I really want to use the GoShare service that is being heavily promoted; however, I am disappointed by the lack of customer support. I hope to hear from you soon.”

They responded the very next day! Then came the lying face saving. They claim to have sent me an email on Sept. 18, saying that my registration was complete and I could use the app. However, 1) I double checked my trash and spam folders, and no email from them, and 2) I had been periodically checking the app, and up until I wrote the second email on the 27th, the app still said I needed to compete the registration.

Anyway, the app is working for me now and I just tried it for the first time. Excellent!

The app showed 3 scooters within a block of my house. You can reserve a scooter and then you’ll have ten minutes to unlock it. Two helmets and two batteries are in the seat compartment. The only problem I had was figuring out how to turn the thing off when I parked (you need to lower the side kickstand, not the rear one). The app has easy and clear instructions.

So after a rocky start, I’m really happy about this new service!

Screenshot_20191001-093628

P_20191001_094108

P_20191001_094206

2 Likes

Free for the first 6 mins is an such a peculiar number, why not 5 mins?

Wrong thread. Deleted.

To answer myself and get back on topic (ionex, not goshare etc.):

It seems like something ionex-y might actually materialize soon. I saw my very first ionex battery charging station!

Located in nangang, in front of the library.

So hopefully ionex will actually be available soon, some serious competition for gogoro should help move things forward.

2 Likes

Kymco to manufacture electric motorcycles in Italy.