La Querida (小情人) - Spanish restaurant in Maji Square

I don’t think anyone’s posted about this place yet - La Querida, a Spanish restaurant in Maji Square - the area beside Yuanshan Station that used to be for the flower expo and is currently rather busy because of the Lantern Festival.

Facebook link: facebook.com/La-Querida-%E5 … 3/?fref=nf

I can’t find their hours online, but if I recall correctly from the signs, they’re normally open weekdays for tea time and dinner, and additionally for lunch on weekends. But during the Lantern Festival they’ve got some kind of daily lunch paella special - a big pot that was ready today a bit past noon, served until it’s gone I guess. Certainly the best restaurant paella I’ve had in Taiwan, although admittedly there’s not much competition on that list. 200NT for just the paella, or 300 if you want a drink - including sangria, assuming that’s what 西班牙水果酒 was. After looking back and forth between my bicycle and the pitcher a couple of times, I sadly opted for the paella only.

And if you haven’t been by yet, I strongly recommend a stroll around the Maji Square area. It’s probably the highest concentration of non-Taiwanese restaurants in the city these days, with one end being more of a food court and the other being restaurants with nice-for-Taipei areas to sit down outside.