Labor Insurance, do schools have to pay for it by law?

Well not surprising my school breaks and bends many rules. Earlier this year I found out that because of how my school has been reporting my taxes I’ve basically been screwed out of getting my APRC in May unless I can come up with ____ million Taiwan dollars in assets.

As if that was annoying enough now I’m pregnant and I’ve found out that my school hasn’t been paying my labor insurance… ever. If they had it seems like I would be able to get the new 6 month maternity leave with 60% of my income paid by for the government. If you haven’t had labor insurance for a year you can’t get it. Even if I could get it now it’d be 60% of my grossly understated salary.

Nothing like crying in a starbucks when you’re hormonal and find out how much your school has screwed you :frowning:

Employees Schools including supplementary schools (buxibans) are covered by the Labor Standards Act and the labor insurance laws (Laobao). If the school (or other covered business) has five or more employees, the school is required to sign the employee up for labor insurance and contribute to the premium.

If the school fails to sign the employee up for labor insurance, and the employee suffers a loss, the employer is liable. So here, at least in theory, you will lose your maternity leave pay and the school should be liable for it. You may need to go to court to do this though.

If you cannot resolve this with the school, you should file a complaint with your local labor department in the city or county you live. Where do you live? I will post the address and number. It’s their job to help you deal with dirtbag employers and they take the side of the employees in this kind of case.

How have you been getting your ARC and work permit if the school has under reported your income? I thought they had to report at least NT$48K per month to get a work permit etc. You may also be able to pay your back taxes and get your actual income correctly reported so that you can get your APRC. This is definitely worth following up on.

Ferin, thank you so much for the valuable information. I’m in Taipei city.
I have never heard about the 48k requirement. They were reporting me at about 30k per month but recently because I complained they bumped it up, but only to 35. In reality the past 3 years I’ve been making from 58 - 88 per month depending on the year and schedule… currently around 70ish… but I’ve had to supply my tax reciepts to reapply for my ARC and my ARC has still gone through so maybe the requirement is lower? I had always heard you need a min. of 14 hours per week in order to get an ARC but had never heard there was a pay requirement as well.

Of course my baby’s daddy (Taiwanese) is pretty livid about the whole thing. I just hope there’s a way to get everything resolved as cleanly as possible and obviously before the baby gets here in April.

[quote=“shini”]Well not surprising my school breaks and bends many rules. Earlier this year I found out that because of how my school has been reporting my taxes I’ve basically been screwed out of getting my APRC in May unless I can come up with ____ million Taiwan dollars in assets.[/quote]You’re not necessarily screwed out of your APRC. Taiwan’s basic wage is currently $17,280 per month. You need to be able to show 2X the basic wage for the total year. So, if your official government tax form for 2009 ends up showing that you made at least [color=#FF0000]$414,720 or more for 2009[/color], you should be alright. Otherwise, you might have to wait until 2011 to apply and use your 2010 tax form since your employer is now under reporting (cheating taxes) your income at $35,000 per month.

Yea she only reported me at 410,000 (385,400 net) for 2008. So close but so far.
I thought in all my digging through forumosa though it ended up being you needed to prove your income from the past 3 years not 1??

[quote=“shini”]Yea she only reported me at 410,000 (385,400 net) for 2008. So close but so far.
I thought in all my digging through forumosa though it ended up being you needed to prove your income from the past 3 years not 1??[/quote]The last time I processed an APRC package for someone it was the past 3 years,but now someone has recently posted that it’s now only the last year. I will call the National Immigration Agency tomorrow and ask the person in charge of APRCs and see if it is really only the past 1 year. I’ll post my findings tomorrow. :bow:

Shini,

It’s time for your employer to dump a bunch of cash onto your December 2009 paycheck in order to get you over the 2X the basic wage of $414,720 for the year. The APRC income requirements have changed, again, and again without a proper notice from the National Immigration Agency. Now, you need to show at least 2x the basic wage for the past 1 year only! So if you can blackmail, threaten, beg, or force your employer to make sure that your annual income for 2009 adds up to over $414,720, you can qualify to apply for the APRC in June or July 2010. You have to wait until the official income tax certificates are available and June or July 2010 will be the earliest you can get them because the tax filing deadline is May 31st every year. You can read more details at the new thread I created here.

Good luck!

[quote=“shini”]Ferin, thank you so much for the valuable information. I’m in Taipei city.
everything resolved as cleanly as possible and obviously before the baby gets here in April.[/quote]

OK, the Department of Labor in Taipei City’ Engish-language website is here. You need to go to Section 2 ( di4er4ke1) 第二科) which handles Labor Disputes. The number is 27208889 ext. 7015. I strongly suggest that you go there in person and preferably visibly pregnant to sort out the labor insurance problem. Here are directions. They are on the fifth floor of City Hall.

You should probably sort out getting your income sorted out for the APRC first since it sounds like you need their help for this.

Also, think carefully about the consequences of filing a complaint. You may well be able to secure at least part of your maternity benefits but as soon as they hear that you are planning to take maternity leave etc, they may well decide that firing you now and paying severance is cheaper in the long run. Of course they may do the same soon after they learn you are pregnant. This is illegal and you can sue them but it will probably cost you your job. Good luck and stand up for your rights within reason.

Thanks a lot feiren & north coast surfer. You’ve both been incredible.

Feiren, the plot is already so thick you can’t even imagine. I tried to keep things simple for the sake of not getting long winded. It’s like a big puzzle I need to figure out and also figure out how far it’s worth taking it. I’m already 5 months and very obviously pregnant and everyone at the school has been fabulous… but this is when I guess they thought I was too dumb to figure out how much I’ve been robbed out of.

It seems to me though if there is any possible way for her to pay my back labor insurance, and continue to pay it from now on so at least it shows I had it a year… and if it’s possible for her to report honestly on my earnings from October until the baby that it could fix everything. Then I’d have labor insurance, and my pay would be my real pay and I could get the 60% based on that. Obviously I want her to do both of these things as well as make sure my taxes for 2009 are in the right bracket for me getting my APRC next summer.

I guess the big question is, does anyone have any idea if it’s at all possible for a company to say “oops I forgot to pay this labor insurance I was supposed to pay” and go back and pay back labor insurance? She is a very crafty woman and I think she seems to have contacts here or there. If it’s possible it seems to eliminate the problem without things having to get ugly or nasty. I’m lucky enough to have my baby’s daddy’s taiwanese family to back me up if it comes to that but I really would prefer it not come to that. I have a million and one other things to stress over at the moment.

The “response” from my director. I’m sure it’s riddled with half truths but I’d appreciate your expertise at sorting it out more:

Dear xxxxxx,

I don’t know who told you this, but I do think he didn’t give you the whole picture. Let me explain as below:

1. Taxes==> I’m sure this is a “favor” for you guys. There is “NO ANY BENEFIT for buxiban” if we aplly low amount to the government.
    But you guys saves taxes for more than NT$50,000 every year (NT$150,000 in 3 years)…The school got nothing.
    (You can double check with any of your friend who knows about accounting , and please don’t say it’s our fault anymore. It’s not true.)
    The salary is an “expense” for the school. If we have more expense, the school can pay “LESS” income taxes to the governemnt.
    So, if you want us to apply “exactly same ammount of your salary” to the government, there is “no any problem” and I’ll be “very happy” to do so.
    At the same time, please be understand, there are two impacts for you:

1. you will have to pay taxes in next year, roughly maybe around NT$50K-70K for this year.
    2. your health insurance fee will raised from NT$250 to around NT$1,000 per month. (I’ll show you the table that defined by the government).
  2. Labor insurance: As I know, Buxhiban is not a “company”, and not in “MUST list” to apply labor insurance. And, our contract is only covered health insurance.
    But anyway, I’ll check with more people again. If anything I can help, that’s ok. (The labor insurance fee is around NT$580 month. That means, you have to pay around NT$20,000 insurance fee for 3 years.)

Let me summary the above,
For the Taxes==> No problem. You will receive income certification with actual salary ammount of 2009.
For the labor insurance, I’ll check more details again.

Maybe you can talk with xxxxx(manager) on Monday first, and I’ll also find time to meet you on Tue or Wed.
Let discuss in details face to face.

B/R
xxxxxx (director)

Shini,

I have a few questions for you, and a story to share with you, too.

1. After your first month of working for your school: Were you aware that they were under reporting your taxes to the government? If yes, did you say anything to them about it and demand that they report your taxes correctly? Why or why not? Didn’t they give you a monthly paystub that showed gross income, tax withholding, labor insurance deductions, health insurance deductions, and finally net income paid? Didn’t you have to sign for these paystubs every month?

2. After your first year of working for your school: When you received your official tax withholding document from your school did you clearly see that they had under reported your taxes to the government for the entire year? If yes, did you say anything to them about it and demand that they amend it and provide you with a correct withholding document?

3. Reporting your taxes for the first time: Did you take the false declaration of tax withholding document, which your school issued to you, and knowingly file your taxes with the government based on this false document? (You knew that your school under reported your income, gave you a false withholding certificate which didn’t match the income your school actually gave you, and then filed your taxes based on this false income amount?)

4. Have you knowingly and falsely filed your income taxes for the past five years? If yes, why?

==================================
My story.

When I first starting working in Taiwan, my employer had me sign my paystubs every month before tranferring the salary to my account. The very first month, the paystub was incorrect. They had under reported my income by $20,000. I told them it was incorrect and they said, no they transferred the correct amount to my account and that this was “just for the government”. I asked them why they wanted to do this and they said, “To save you money”. I told them.“No. Not going to happen. Declare my income correctly to the government. I want to pay my taxes correctly based on my income”. They couldn’t believe that I actually wanted to pay taxes when cheating was so easy. They pushed and pushed and tried to convince me that it was in my best interest to do this. I said, “Ok. Tomorrow I’ll go to the tax department and I’ll tell them about your proposal and if they say it’s ok and within the law, then you can do it.” They nearly freaked out when I proposed this and it was never spoken of again and my income was reported correctly for the entire time I was employed by them. I never cared to know why they wanted to do this and I have no idea why it would benefit them in any way. However, through all of my experiences, I am of the opinion that a Taiwanese will never do a favor which only benefits the foreigner. There had to be something in it for them. All of the other foreign employees I worked with allowed this to happen and they thought I was crazy for insisting on truthful income reporting. I just wouldn’t allow it because I wanted my residency in Taiwan to be above board in the event I ever desired to secure permanent residency or naturalization.

Northcoast Surfer,

Well the answers to all of your questions are the kind you’d expect. I didn’t do enough and I should’ve done more and yes I take at least 50% of the blame for not doing enough to fight it.

My first year at the school I was actually lucky enough to be brought in on salary (vs. hourly pay). This was after a year and a bit of living in Taiwan and having a horrible job at a horrible school with horrible pay. I actually did come in with some benefits (at my current school) like paid vacation for a couple of weeks a year and paid typhoon days (wow). There were even a couple of “prep days” a year I was paid for to come in before the semester started and get my classroom and materials prepard. Long gone are those days.

In all honestly I don’t clearly remember what my pay stubs looked like during that time but I do remember when I got my first tax withholding statement it made me want to vomit. It was so low that I expected the tax person to laugh in my face when they saw it. I sent my boss quite a few e-mails expressing my stress and asking why, and saying “how can I go in here with this??”. She of course kept telling me it was too late and if she changed it they (the school) would get in trouble. So I made more bad decisions and went in and filed it against my own better judgement and morals. So yes, I signed stubs that showed I was incorrectly taxed, I submitted untruthful tax forms, I did everything wrong.

I fought it a bit more this year but she only bumped my “taxed salary” up by 5000 a month which is still half or less of what I make.

Her email (I shared on this thread) makes me sick, it seems she wants to shock me by how much I’d actually have to pay if I really was paying my taxes honestly… but incase you can’t see from the little flag under my name I’m Canadian. I had a good enough job that I was paying 22% in Canada. 13% pfffffffft big deal. I remember being taxed 600 Canadian dollars on a 2 week pay cheque because of how much on call and overtime work I did.

The other part that makes me sick is that it being our benefit makes it seem like all foreigners are comfortable with lying and cheating and are greedy. I’d like to believe that if this was presented as an option upfront that 90% of us would say “I want to do things legally”.

I’ve learned my lesson… but I really wonder (and worry) about how difficult it will be to find a job in the future if I come in saying I’m not going to play the game by their rules. If it was just me I had to worry about I wouldn’t be so stressed but now there’s a tiny person to consider as well.

The other “hilarious” part of this was talking to some current and former Taiwanese co-workers of the same school. She also understates their earnings on their tax witholding form too which proves her “it’s for your benefit” as being a bold faced lie.

A coworker shared with me in confidence that she had been truthfully making 35,000/month but that the owner/director was reporting her at 18,000/month.

If she did this for my former co-worker’s benefit it isn’t clear how. If you look at the tax rates here: ntat.gov.tw/county/ntat_ch/n … b26-14.jsp

If you look at the lowest tax bracket it seems that at either salary she could’ve been in it, or if the director only had to lie by 1000 per month and say she was earning 34,000 instead of 35,000. So why the big discrepancy? Obviously there’s a gain.

From what I’ve read in the tax forum a school that lies about taxes will be fined 3x the amount owed so why would any (and apparently every) school take these risks on our behalf?

Because it isn’t done on our behalf. Why do schools lie about our incomes on taxes?

Shini,

I totally get it and understand completely. Please allow me to assure you that I’m not judging you and the decisions you made regarding tax withholding. Honestly. I’m no saint myself and I’ve done many questionable things to include helping my friends cheat as much tax as possible, but still show enough income to qualify for the APRC! I’m just trying to see what we could do to fix this issue for you; force your school to help you without threatening them or pissing them off; and get all this done without putting you in any jeopardy legal wise. You see, you can’t really threaten your school by telling them that you will report their illegal tax activities without getting in trouble yourself as you knowlingly took part in the tax cheating. There’s no way you could smoke one past the authorities and make them believe you didn’t know about it. The penalty your school would face would be a token fine, but you would probably get deported.

So, here are my recommendations.

1. Try to keep your relationship with your boss as amiable as possible. Pissing them off right now wouldn’t be advisable. You need their help now. Try not to focus on or point out any wrong doing on their part.

2. Sit down with the payroll guru and see exactly how much they have reported on you for the months January through November. Add it all up very carefully. Then propose to your boss that for your final pay for December that they add onto it so that you are at approximately $420,000 total income for 2009. So, if they’ve been reporting your income at $30,000 for the past 11 months ($330,000), then for December they need to pay you about $90,000 to bring you to the magic number. You need to ensure that it is paid to you no later than December 31, 2009 so that it appears on the 2009 income statement.

She probably won’t want to do this unless there’s something in it for her! But there is something in it for her! You can hang out a big carrot on a stick for her. Tell her that if she does this that you will be able to qualify for your APRC and once you get the APRC in summer 2010, she won’t need to provide you with a work permit or an ARC anymore! She will then be able to pay you cash directly and won’t even have to have you on the books as an employee if she so desires. By you having an APRC with an open work permit she will have another work permit slot available to hire another foreign teacher! By her helping you qualify for the APRC income requirements, she’s helping herself save (cheat) even more tax money in the future! Yeah! Why wouldn’t she want to do this!?

You’ve been teaching at the same place for the past 5 years. Safe to say that they are pleased with the job you’re doing. Get the APRC and your boss will be able to benefit even more financially for the next 5 years. Of course the day you get your APRC, you can walk away if you so decide!

Good luck

Thanks again, I’ve had some time to “cool off” and I think I’ve pretty much come up with the same plan to some extent. I’ll be having the baby mid-April and then, like you said should be able to apply for my APRC by mid-summer. Then I’ll be able to decide should I stay or should I go.

She seems willing to work with me on the taxes based on her e-mail (catty comments aside)… my only concern re: the lack of labor insurance messing up my chance at what should’ve been a 6 month paid maternity leave. It’s hard to let go of the fact tht I should have a secure 6 months off with about 42000 a month.

I’m not really sure how or what she submits for my tax withholding but if she reports my income correctly, and reports the taxes I’ve paid correctly (which of course is not enough) then should I just be able to pay the difference when I file my taxes next year. I realize this might mean I owe a lot but no one would get in trouble for this right? I hope the question is clear.

What I’m saying is every month I make a different amount depending on how many hours I’m working. Last year I hit the 80s some months but this year I’d say I’m around 66,000 a month because I asked for less hours. So if she’s paying me 66 per month but has been taxing me at 6% (except for those first few months where it seemed the gov’t changed things again and was charging everyone 21%) then she could just report that on the tax withholding and I pay the difference at the tax office… right?

Well many things to consider. Firstly I had a friend in the same situation with the owner of the school even making chops for the teachers and putting their tax refunds back into her own personal accoutns cliaming that the teachers weren’t entitled to the tax refunds.

Anyways it pissed of the teachers so much they all went to the tax office to ask where their refunds were. They made an official complaint, told the tax office how many students they actually taught in each class. The school had a little visit from the tax office, was found to be cheating on many things. When you get taxed lower the schools claims they have only a few students and not the actual amount thus cheating everybody.

Nothing a school likes less than the tax office being tipped off about their little tax diddling schemes.

PS You can use your husbands and your assets combined for the APRC to I believe.

I may be wrong, but I think you’re over-estimating maternity leave in Taiwan, Shini. I believe the entitlement is just 56 days paid maternity leave, with the option of taking up to 6 months unpaid. I’m not definitely sure of this, but I think it is the case.
EDIT: unless the rules have been changed recently to boost the birth rate? If so, 6 months at 60% salary is a fantastic incentive to breed. Way better than in the UK.

It’s very new. It started in May.

[quote] Parental Leave Allowance
(1) Eligibility:
An insured person who has more than one year of insurance coverage and before his/her children reaches 3 years old, and has applied for parental leave without payment according to the regulation in Gender Equality Act.
(2) Payment amount
Parental Leave allowance is counted as 60% of the average monthly insurance salary for the 6 months period before the month the insured person withdraws from the insurance. During the insured person’s parental leave with payment period, the allowance is granted every month and the maximum allowance period for each child is 6 months. [/quote]

bli.gov.tw/en/sub.aspx?a=LpyeX2O1TUk%3d

But this falls under Employment Insurance, not Labor Insurance… so now reading the article of coverage this leave may not be applicable to me, and may only be able to get the leave you mentioned which is covered under Labor Insurance.

[quote]
Article 32 Maternity benefits are payable according to the following provisions:

1. In case of childbirth or premature labor of an insured person, or the spouse of an insured person, a lump sum payment of delivery expenses shall be made equivalent to 30 days’ salaries computed on the basis of the average monthly insurance salary of the insured person, in case of miscarriage, the payment shall be reduced by fifty percent.
  2. In case of childbirth or premature labor of an insured person, she shall receive, in addition to delivery expenses, a lump sum maternity benefit equivalent to 30 days’ salaries computed on the basis of her average monthly insurance salary.
  3. In case of a plural birth resulting from childbirth or premature labor, delivery expenses shall be increased proportionately.
In case of difficult labor when the insured person has already claimed hospitalization benefits, delivery expenses shall no longer be payable.[/quote]

bli.gov.tw/en/sub.aspx?a=ykC6gAn5c9I%3d

So I might have to do some apologizing to my boss :blush: but she still took away my chance at any maternity leave pay unless it comes out of her pocket.

And… she is still in the wrong with the taxes and not paying my labor insurance… so I’ll apologize but still push.

[quote=“shini”]My only concern re: the lack of labor insurance messing up my chance at what should’ve been a 6 month paid maternity leave. It’s hard to let go of the fact tht I should have a secure 6 months off with about 42000 a month.[/quote]Yes, you’re probably screwed out of the 6 month maternity leave money. There’s really no way for your school to make back payments on something they should have been deducting from your pay and paying the government since from the beginning. It really wouldn’t be believable to say, “Woops, made a mistake. For the past five years I “forgot” to pay the labor insurance on all of my employees, so I’d like to make it up today”. Or, “I wasn’t aware that an English buxiban was considered an actual business that needed to deduct and pay labor insurance for the employees”. [quote=“shini”]I’m not really sure how or what she submits for my tax withholding but if she reports my income correctly, and reports the taxes I’ve paid correctly (which of course is not enough) then should I just be able to pay the difference when I file my taxes next year. I realize this might mean I owe a lot but no one would get in trouble for this right? I hope the question is clear.[/quote]Sorry. I don’t get this. Your employer absolutely isn’t reporting your income correctly and she’s not withholding the correct amount of tax based on the false income that she’s reporting for you. I don’t know how you could make anything up later and not make it look suspicious. I’m a very simple person and I can’t see all the ins and outs of sneaky sneaky income and taxes and tax evasion. See below.[quote=“shini”]What I’m saying is every month I make a different amount depending on how many hours I’m working. Last year I hit the 80s some months but this year I’d say I’m around 66,000 a month because I asked for less hours. So if she’s paying me 66 per month but has been taxing me at 6% (except for those first few months where it seemed the gov’t changed things again and was charging everyone 21%) then she could just report that on the tax withholding and I pay the difference at the tax office… right?[/quote]I’m not sure you really understand the relationship between income, withholding, and taxes paid. I see how your employer could be benefiting from misreporting your taxes. Here’s an example. Sorry, this is so long winded.

1. For simplicity let’s just say that you actually make $80,000 per month every month without variance before deductions.

2. Your employer tells the government that you only make $30,000 per month every month without variance before deductions.

3. Your employer is required to withhold a certain portion of your income and pay it to the government in order to satisfy your tax liability a the end of the year. This amount doesn’t necessarily end up being your true tax liability.

a. From January to June your employer is supposed to withhold 20% of your income to be applied toward your tax liability.

b. From July to December your employer is supposed to withhold 10% of your income to be applied toward your tax liability.

1. At the end of the year, you would file your income taxes and find out how much you overpaid or underpaid to satisfy your actual tax liability. In Taiwan, money withheld doesn’t equal your tax liability.

If your employer was doing the right thing, she would report that your gross income was $80,000/month and they would need to withhold $16,000/month from your paychecks for the months of January through June, and from the months July through December they would withhold $8,000/month. That works out to a grand total of $144,000 withheld for the entire year. This isn’t your tax liability! You don’t need to pay this amount! Because you make so little for the whole year, $960,000, you are in the lowest tax bracket. Your tax liability is only 6% of your total $960,000 gross income. That’s $57,600 that you owe and are actually required to pay the government. But your company withheld $144,000, so you overpaid. Therefore after you file your tax return, you actually get back $86,400 in a refund! Why doesn’t the government allow us to be withheld at 6%? Why do they gouge us at 20% for six months and then 10% for the last six months? Because they want our money and they want to be able to make the huge interest off of it for a whole year and half before they give our refunds back to us. Also, if a foreigner leaves before July and/or doesn’t stay in Taiwan to file their taxes to get the refund, the government just keeps the 20% for the first six months and also the 10% for the last six months. It’s a great scam and the foreigner population can be used to pay for cool programs like the shopping vouchers, etc. Billions of dollars per year!

What your employer is actually doing is reporting that you make $30,000/month. For the first six months they pay the government $6,000/month which would be 20% in withholding based on the your faked monthly income. Then they withhold $3,000/month for the last six months. The grand total of withholding for the year works out to $54,000. Your tax liability in this faked case is 6% of your faked gross income for the year, $360,000, which would be a tax liability of $21,600. So, your company withholds $54,000 and your actual tax liability is $21,600 and you get a refund of $32,400. Is this how your taxes for the past five years have worked out, basically?

Now, if your company is withholding 20% based on your actual income of $80,000 for the first six months and 10% for the last six months, she’s just pocketing the difference. Based on this model she would be able to withhold from your pay $96,000 for the first six months and then $48,000 for the last six months for a grand total of $144,000 for the year under the ruse that it’s the law and she’s required to withhold it. Then based on her faked reporting of your $30,000/month income she deducts the $54,000 and pays this to the tax office which is needed to satisfy the withholding requirements and keeps the remaining $90,000 in her pocket. I’ve seen this model quite a few times, really! My employer tried to pull this scam on me for the first two months I was waiting for my ARC to be approved, but was still working illegally. For those two months before my ARC was approved, they deducted 20% to satisfy “legal requirements”. However, at the end of the year my official income statement didn’t include the income for the first two months I worked, and the 20% deducted wasn’t added into my total tax withholdings for the year. I went to accounting and showed them the “oversight”. They told me that they couldn’t include my first two months of actual income on the annual income statement because my ARC hadn’t been approved at that time. I asked them if it had been illegal for me to have been working at that time and they said no, but they couldn’t add the money into my total income because of the ARC approval date. I then asked about the 20% that they deducted for the first two months I worked without the ARC that wasn’t being reported to the tax authority. They told me that everyone has to be deducted at 20% regardless of whether or not the income earned was reported to the tax authority. I smelled a rat and told them that I wanted the 20% deducted for those first two months refunded to me in cash by the end of the day. If they weren’t reporting my income to the government, then they were just pocketing the 20% for themselves and I would be going to the tax authority the next morning to consult with them to ensure that I hadn’t broken any laws. Scared the shit out of them and I received my 20% salary deduction for the first two months at the end of the day in a nice red envelope! ha It turned out to be about $30,000! Now, if they were doing that for the first two months on all newby employees that would turn into a really big chunk of change.

So, when your employer deducts money from your real,real monthly income,does she scam you or does she keep it honest with you and she only deducts money based on the fake $30,000/month income? If she’s a “partner in crime” and she’s being honest, she should be only deducting $6,000/month for the first six months and then only $3,000/month for the last six months from your $80,000 true income!