Labor Insurance problems due to name issues

It seems the labor insurance website has had a makeover and is much more user friendly. I have finally got my boss to correctly report my income so I was checking the website to make sure he kept his promise.

The new website is showing that I not only am uninsured, but have never had labor insurance. It also shows pension payments were made up until June 2022 but July and August payments were not made.

My boss went to the Labor Insurance Bureau (he did not take my ARC with him) to check and they think the computer is confused because parts are in my Chinese name and parts in my birth name
 this seems odd as everything should be linked with my ID number (I can see the pension payments before the ID number change).

My boss did show me the labor insurance bill he received and there is a line for me with the correct salary but the ID number is partially covered. I’m worried someone has entered the ID number incorrectly and someone else is receiving my labor insurance and pension payments. This happened last year with my taxes, so it wouldn’t be the first time. I’m going to go to the BLI myself to get a print out of everything to confirm what they’re saying is true. But in the meantime;

Does anyone else who uses the Citizen Digital Certificate have issues with the BLI website?

4 Likes

I had issues with the translation feature in Chrome. But when I used firefox with the translate add-on it fixed the problem.

2 Likes

I just got back from the labor insurance office. They printed everything for me and for the first time ever, it’s all correct :slight_smile:
Seems like a government employee knew what they were doing! She spoke with the confidence of someone great at their job rather than the arrogance of someone with no idea, it was refreshing.

Because I login using my Citizen Digital certificate in my Chinese name, it doesn’t load everything as my boss registered my labor insurance using my English name. She’s updating my account so everything uses my Chinese name. After that everything should load correctly

Side note, my English name wasn’t correct anyway. It was my first and middle names with no surname #taiwan

7 Likes

That’s normal. There is a two month delay on the Labor insurance app and website

3 Likes

I didn’t realise that, the lady at the office mentioned that to me too :slight_smile:

Yeah I freaked out when I checked before cos I thought that my old employer had fucked up

1 Like

I’ve just tried logging in with my Alien Citizens Digital Certificate so I can print somethings and it seems like they’ve ‘updated’ the website and I can’t login as it brings up the generic "Your èș«ä»œè­‰â€™ number is incorrect’ when I use my ARC number. It does not even attempt to log in and there is no other way for foreigners to login

Is someone else able to try to login and see if they can? I couldn’t find an email address on the website to send a complaint eithber

The delay is 3 months now for some reason. There is also a new site which looks nice, however the mobile app is broke now.

2 Likes

It’s also letting me login with my Citizens Digital certificate again.

I wonder how the delay works. The deposit from a short term employer in August has already been made but not from my main employer. I started salary sacrificing 6% in August and I want to make sure it’s being done correctly

I’m nearly 30
 time to start taking my retirement savings seriously

1 Like

Maybe it’s done on purpose so that when they pay the dividends (they don’t call it a dividend but that’s what it is) they are paying it on 2-3 months less of salary. Or maybe they calculate it with those 2-3 months included, not sure.

Probably not, its probably just the processing takes time. Employers deduct it from you monthly, but pay the labor department on a bi-monthly basis. In my home country the retirement funds also show deposits with a two month delay, its annoying but normal.

1 Like

In Australia employers usually pay the super funds quarterly but it’s shown on every payslip. Seems normal everywhere, just annoying :sweat_smile:

At least is showing, my stop showing everything and nobody can’t tell me why. One guy said because I need to get the new ARC number, I don’t think is that. Everytime I call is the same, nobody knows.

Could be. Labor bureau might have updated their system to work with the new ID number and accidentally removed the ability to use the old ID number

2 Likes

“Accidentally” :rofl:

That’s a good attitude!

But I wouldn’t count on Taiwan’s labor insurance for that. There’s a big risk the system will be broken by the time you retire, considering the low birth rate and all.

Better to take that 6% and invest in a private insurance yourself. :2cents:

1 Like

I have enough faith that there will be more reforms (if needed) to make sure the system doesn’t go broke. Plus the funds are personally owned not government owned and I don’t think the Taiwanese government is completely irresponsible to let the pension fund go totally broke.

Problem is, I know I probably wouldn’t invest that extra 6%. But to spread my risk I put money into my Australian super account as well (kind of like a private pension) and I’m considering buying a small retirement insurance plan from one of the insurance companies here too.

I need to overcome my personality flaws😂 i always pay my bills on time but am not the best saver ever so I like funds that I can’t withdraw from

2 Likes