Ladyfinger biscuits

Hi folks,

Where to find this in Taipei ? For those who don’t know it is the primary ingredient of Tiramisu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladyfinger_(biscuit)

Thanks

P&P

Holy crap!!

It’s OK, she was no lady.

This is a gold mine ! I have been trough the whole price list (though there are no price), very interesting. Have you ever order from them ? Do they sell to private individuals ?

This is a gold mine ! I have been trough the whole price list (though there are no price), very interesting. Have you ever order from them ? Do they sell to private individuals ?[/quote]
I’ve gone to the shop a few times and they will happily sell to individuals - mind you, often their amounts aren’t exactly appropriate for the consumer (the ravioli was a good deal but would have filled my freezer!).

On email, I’ve had less luck. I’ve written to them (in English) a couple of times asking about deliveries or ordering or product availability, and they’ve never replied. Mind you I’ve never taken the obvious next step and actually tried to call them, or had my wife write to them in Chinese.

Ok, actually, I made my tiramisu with some other biscuits, italian as well more “puffy” than savoiardi biscuit and it just taste better. I’ll find the name again and put that here.

[quote=“Bobarctor”]Where to find this in Taipei ? For those who don’t know it is the primary ingredient of Tiramisu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladyfinger_(biscuit)[/quote]

I could swear I always got them in Carrefour - but that was one year+ ago.

Yeah, I’ve seen those at the Qizhang Carrefour recently, on the Imported food shelf. The french ‘boudoir’ version anyway.

I’d buy some but they’re too more-ish!

I didn’t find in the Neihu and Dongxin Carrefour…

Sorry to hear that. I can only speak mostly for the Nangang Carrefour, though, since I lived right across the street from it…

I just checked with my wife, she remembered another place where we got Ladyfingers a bit more than a year ago: in the “western” supermarket CitySuper. It is in the basement of the Fuxing (green) SOGO department store. You can enter it directly from the Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT station. From memory and looking at Google maps I guess you reach it by first going towards Exit 2 and then not taking the escalators up to the ground level, but instead going to the right into the SOGO, and then down the escalator to the right.

Good luck - and did you find the Mascarpone, yet? :wink:

PS: Alternatively maybe you could try Jason’s Supermarket (in the basement of Taipei 101) … or maybe BreezeSuper in the basement of Breeze Center. The latter is easily walkable from MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Exit 5, exact position see here:

[googlemaps]25.046115,121.543985[/googlemaps]

They are still available at Carrefour.
Boudoirs - private Carrefour brand - 165 NTD a pack.

Sold out? Just order them at the info stand. :notworthy:

The DIY baking store in Zhonge has a few brands.
台北縣中和宜安街118巷14號
02-8660-8895

[quote=“Bobarctor”]Hi folks,

Where to find this in Taipei ? For those who don’t know it is the primary ingredient of Tiramisu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladyfinger_(biscuit)

Thanks[/quote]
Hi Bobarctor

For making a great Tiramisu you dont need to use lady finger biscuit ,it’s better use a butter cookie and a dry cocoa powder ( 22-24% ) on top

Well, last time I used sfogliatine. shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item … 0&ROWNO=78
It was excellent…