Landlord is postponing the extension of my renting contract to the very last days

I’m having an issue with my landlords: I rented a room for the last three months and we agreed by phone call to renew the contract for another three months, then the person in charge of meeting me for signing the new contract has always been “too busy” too meet and now I’m five days form the end line.

I have several messages on LINE where I ask them for confirmation and for a reason on why we still haven’t met, to which they always replied it was only a matter of schedule. My concern is that the room is in a university neighborhood and they might be looking for another renter to take over the rent for the next nine months, leaving me stranded.

If they say the room isn’t available less than five days from the end of the contract is there anything I could do to have them honor our verbal agreement (I still have the messages to prove it)?
If it comes to a situation in which I need to look for another room, can I request that they let me live in the current room for another reasonable amount of time: let’s say two weeks?

Find a Taiwan Friend who can help you call the landlord to give you another time to find another place.

Just 20 minutes after creating this thread the employee in charge of my contract contacted me and we have already met and signed the extension. Lucky me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe they saw your post here? :laughing:

This is not verbal it’s written :grinning:

LOL, I guess so :smiley: what I meant was I had no signed piece of paper to show.

Nice to see there is still honour amongst thieves :wink:( I speak as an ex landlord ) :slightly_smiling_face: