Language Centers and Huayu Enrichment Scholarship

I am planning to apply for the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship soon and wanted to know others thoughts on the topic. For example what language schools and cities are best suited for this scholarship. I am also curious what the weekly workload looks like.

I went to NCKU Chinese Language Center years ago. It’s a great school and location, near good transportation and restaurants and shopping. It’s in Tainan City in the south of Taiwan. What I liked about Tainan is that it’s a big city with lots of culture and not many people speak English here - forces you to speak Chinese.
The workload is not too bad - 5 or 6 classes a week. You can pick how many classes you can take but with a scholarship you must take a minimum number of classes (I forgot the minimum, maybe 4 or 5). You can take every class if you want but I don’t recommend it. If you’re a beginner I would just concentrate on core Chinese - speaking, listening, reading and writing, not calligraphy, Chinese underwater basket weaving, etc. :).

I’m also planning to apply and I have more questions.

1. I’ve been living in Taiwan for two years on a working visa. What is the process like to transition from that visa to a student visa? Do I need to return to my home country to apply for the student visa? Will this affect my eligibility for APRC down the line?
  2. Someone mentioned an award ceremony that must be attended in person. I can’t find anything about it online. Anyone know anything about this?
  3. Can I apply to more than one Chinese language program or switch programs after the scholarship has been granted?

Foreigners in Taipei&Taiwan/外國人在台灣&語言交換
We make all the foreigners in Taiwan get together here. Need any help? Someone may help you out!