"Language Learning with Netflix" Extension

Language Learning with Netflix is a free, simple Chrome extension that automatically works when you log into Netflix.

Does Netflix Language Learning also have pinyin above the Chinese and English as suggested in this article?

You can also click on any word to

• get the definition,
  • hear it spoken aloud, and
  • scroll through the previous/upcoming subtitles on the right too.
  • pop-up dictionary

Extension location and description:

lln-02-1

4 Likes

This is a really cool find, thanks for sharing! I have been using it to watch some of the Cartoon Network shows with Mandarin dubs for the easier vocabulary.

From what I’ve seen, there is no pinyin above the subtitles for Chinese, it sounds like it is only implemented for Japanese at the moment. Unfortunately, the easy pop-up dictionary also doesn’t have pinyin (or I haven’t figured out how to turn it on).

Judging from the user forum ( https://forum.languagelearningwithnetflix.com/t/pinyin-support-for-chinese-mandarin-subtitles/46 ) adding pinyin is on their radar.

1 Like

I heard there’s pinyin but I have not tried because I dumped my Netflix a couple of months ago.

If it works then I will get Netflix again.

I heard of this awhile back. I assume this is only available on computers not thru the streaming sticks, etc?

This particular extension/plugin works when watching Netflix with Chrome browser on a computer.

1 Like

A great tool. Thank You !

1 Like