Language school in Hsinchu

Hello, I’m Michael and I would like to learn Taiwanese for living in here. I didn’t learn Taiwanes. I stay in Hsinchu and maybe someone can give me some suggestions for going to study. I just guess there will be a lot of places to learn. Not sure is an unversity or private school or private class better. I also don’t want to spend so much money, I know it won’t be cheap, but maybe differnet quality or something like that. I still have no experience in learning other languages in this way. Thanks in davance for your help.

Did you want to learn a Taiwanese language (like Hakka or Hokkien or an indigenous language) or Taiwanese Mandarin Chinese?

If you want to learn Mandarin, there are going to be a lot more schools available — virtually every university has a mandarin center for people looking to take classes. The quality of your learning will be 99.9% on the quality of the teacher and what you do on your own to acquire the language, not the school or it’s reputation.

If you want to learn a Taiwanese language, however, that might be a bit more of a challenge — there aren’t really many in person schools (though there might be a few??)

1 Like

There are native language courses at NTHU.

Taigi and Hakka

Aboriginal languages
https://ilhlc2018.wixsite.com/nthu/課程資訊

1 Like