Language usage on the Forum

Seeing the @ symbol in my alert panel does have me considering that as an option these days, yes.

4 Likes

So youā€™re saying that you hate the Chinese language?

3 Likes

Yup, got it in one!

2 Likes

No, no, no. @tando, I give you the Sun, the Moon and this forum.

5 Likes

Hell hath no fury like the @tando scorned. :astonished:

3 Likes

Who doesnā€™t?

Iā€™ve been misquoted and misappropriated! This is virtually a hate crime.

1 Like

Itā€™s OK to hate, donā€™t worry.

1 Like

Me too!

What? How did I get into this? All Iā€™ve seen you do is post a few links to Chinese sites. I donā€™t remember if Iā€™ve asked for clarification about something, but I donā€™t think I would complain that a link was in Chinese. Iā€™ve posted several links or texts in Chinese myself. Iā€™d rather have that than nothing if information isnā€™t available in English. Really not sure why you think I have that opinion but I donā€™t.

Edit: I read the rest of this and I still donā€™t know what I might have said, but I officially donā€™t care if you post links in Chinese. If I did say anything, I withdraw the comment. How long ago was it? Last time I commented on anything you said I was agreeing with you.

2 Likes

Donā€™t go, @tando! Youā€™re an important part of the forum, weā€™re so lucky to have you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i didnā€™t get any ā€œdonā€™t goā€ the times I leftā€¦ although they were mainly me being kicked out xD

3 Likes

What, do you mean you are you finally going?

2 Likes

I should make it clear I really donā€™t want @mad_masala to go. Donā€™t go! Or @tando.

3 Likes

So youā€™re saying this is official forum policy?

5 Likes

He removed his avatar picture. He must really be gone. I still donā€™t know how I got into this.

Since I logged in for the last time to cahgne my password and someone asked, Iā€™m gonna post something again for the last time.

I donā€™t think I misunderstood. You told (asked/requested/demanded/insisted/suggeted, whatsoever, all are synonyms) me to post links to Chinese contents with some English context because otherwise my posts waste your time. You told me to spend my 30 sec or 1 min or more if I should check spellings or words to save your 15 sec of using translator, because here is an English forum and you should be able to effortlessly know contexts of whatever posts you might want to read. I felt and still feel it is an arrogant reasoning to tell me to do so. I was not asking you to read my posts without English, or any of my posts. I didnā€™t need you to understand them, unless I replied to you. Why I should be told to spend more time for you saving your time. I often read if you want to join conversation, do your homework kind of comments. So, I donā€™t get what is wrong if I thought if you want to know, use any translator.

But mods say that is a legitimate reason and indeed you should be able to know contexts of whatever posts you might want to read, because here is an English forum, though it said other languages are welcome. There are all sorts of distractive posts on this forum, and unless they are too distractive, most of them are ok, but my some link to Chinese content without English explanation only posts per day are too distractive to be accepted here no matter how relevant the contents are and even if some follow-up contents are posted later by someone. I prefered to post English version or with English version when avairable and did add some English contexts to links when I posted from my PC or I wanted them understood by someone who donā€™t read Chinese, but that was a voluntary action. My posts are now considered to be distractive if I skip or forget to add English contexts, so I decided to avoid it by not posting any Chinese contents. And now my posts are less than helpless to the degree most of them are immediately removed by mods. There is no reason I feel here is for me and want to stay.

If tempogain let me rant in temp forum until I felt I said enough, I might have let all go, but he closed the thread by no reason explained.

@SunWuKong, there was a moment I thought you thought so, but I let it go and withdraw the part I refered you.

I must have said you some donā€™t go kind of thing. or it might have been a good luck kind of thing, Iā€™m not very sure.

She/her.

@lostinasia , waiting for your reply. :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry you feel that way. I have no opinion on the language stuff. I rarely read the types of posts you are talking about. I only notice when you complain about people complaining about them. And those I feel are kind of self flagellating. I think it helps the site a lot when bilingual posters post. If you feel that you post better in Chinese and would prefer to post in Chinese, then yeah, maybe the site isnā€™t a good fit.

IDK. Iā€™ve read a LOT of your posts, in English, and found them and the links youā€™ve provided, some Chinese, to be generous and helpfulā€¦if that means anything to you. Good travels either way dude. :bowing: :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes