Laptop Case~ Broken

Hey guys, had the worst happen to me… got home to find my laptop had fallen off it’s shelf… no proof as to who did it, but I have my beliefs…

anyway, booted up the whole thing seems to be working fine. DVD, WiFi… all good… only haven’t tested the built in webcam~

but, the casing (inside piece, where the keyboard resides) has a big hole in the corner, and a couple of other cracks…

Is it possible to order a new piece from ASUS? Anybody know any decent shops in Taichung who can help me out? Before you tell me to take it back to where I bought it - I bought it online~

[quote=“x08”]Hey guys, had the worst happen to me… got home to find my laptop had fallen off it’s shelf… no proof as to who did it, but I have my beliefs…

anyway, booted up the whole thing seems to be working fine. DVD, WiFi… all good… only haven’t tested the built in webcam~

but, the casing (inside piece, where the keyboard resides) has a big hole in the corner, and a couple of other cracks…

Is it possible to order a new piece from ASUS? Anybody know any decent shops in Taichung who can help me out? Before you tell me to take it back to where I bought it - I bought it online~[/quote]

You couldn’t post a photo of the damage, could you?

Hang on, you also have a thread about a desktop going bananas. Are you sure both issues aren’t related, say to your missus discovering your online penchant for bubble sock wearing Japanese schoolgirls?

HG

Lol.
No, they’re not connected. And besides… it’s leather-and-latex-clad Japanese schoolgirls (18+ of course)…

I could post a picture, but not today… my camera is on loan to a friend who went to Kenting, but he will be back sometime this afternoon… perhaps tonight.

It’s just basically a hole in the right, user-side corner. The plastic has broken off… to be honest, I could probably superglue it all together - but that would look tacky. Just cosmetic damage.

It’s HER laptop, which I use mostly.

The software in the laptop, and all the hardware are fine. Just the plastic casing.

[quote=“x08”]Lol.
No, they’re not connected. And besides… it’s leather-and-latex-clad Japanese schoolgirls (18+ of course)…

I could post a picture, but not today… my camera is on loan to a friend who went to Kending, but he will be back sometime this afternoon… perhaps tonight.

It’s just basically a hole in the right, user-side corner. The plastic has broken off… to be honest, I could probably superglue it all together - but that would look tacky. Just cosmetic damage.

It’s HER laptop, which I use mostly.

The software in the laptop, and all the hardware are fine. Just the plastic casing.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m just wondering if the missing bit is part of the main case, or just a small detachable section. If it’s part of the main case, I doubt anything can be done. Actually even if it’s a smaller part, you would have to be lucky and hope they had a bit lying around the repair shop probably.

Superglue jobs don’t have to look tacky if you do them right. :wink:

I mean, you could put a Hello Kitty sticker over the top if it doesn’t look too good. Then it would look real classy like.

But seriously, it’s hard to give advice without seeing the damage.

ok, well I hope this image works…

it’s the same laptop as this one~

basically the right hand corner, user side is broken… there’s a few other little cracks, but all in the upper area (the area that surrounds the keyboard)… all the other plastic pieces are fine… I’m pretty sure that piece is removable, as they would remove it to work on the motherboard etc.~

I’ll try and get actual pics for you tonight~

[quote=“x08”]ok, well I hope this image works…

it’s the same laptop as this one~

basically the right hand corner, user side is broken… there’s a few other little cracks, but all in the upper area (the area that surrounds the keyboard)… all the other plastic pieces are fine… I’m pretty sure that piece is removable, as they would remove it to work on the motherboard etc.~

I’ll try and get actual pics for you tonight~[/quote]

Well there’s removable and there’s removable. That seems to be part of the main case, so you would have to replace the biggest part basically. That’s no small feat, and by no means cheap (if you could even find someone to do it, which I honestly doubt). Your best bet, if you insist on doing it, would probably be the official ASUS repair centre, wherever that is.

well the bottom half and the top half seem seperable… it’s the silver part that’s broken… not the black…

ok, here are some pics (finally) of the damage~

[quote=“x08”]ok, here are some pics (finally) of the damage~

[/quote]

Hey, x08, sorry for the late reply. My I.T. boys have blocked photobucket for some reason, so I had to wait to view these from home, which I kept forgetting to do.

Anyway, the damage is in a slightly different place from where I thought, but nevertheless I stand by what I said. If you seriously want to get this part replaced, then go and see the nearest ASUS repair centre.

Personally, I’d go the superglue route.

thanks… I’m just letting it be for now… maybe if I have some spare cash floating around then I’ll drag it down to the fix-it shop~

now I’ve just gotta figure out this CD tray problem~