Laptop Cooler in Taipei?

Any idea on where to get a Laptop cooler in Taipei?

My laptop is getting kind of sluggish after long periods of use and getting a little to hot to touch near the area with poorer ventilation. Hoping a laptop cooler can resolve this issue but not quite sure where the place to get such an item would be. Carrefour sure didn’t have any and the help guy in the tech area looked at me like I was crazy for cooling things and wanted to roast me over hot coals. :laughing:

Yeah, take a trip to the computer market near Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT station (computer market is commonly known as Guanghwa). Many, many shops there have them.

Cool thanks. If I get off at that MRT which direction do I go?

North.

I have a map somewhere I think. If i find it I’ll post it. Or if anyone else has one, please feel free to post it.

My wife’s Compaq kept hanging from time to time, until I bought her a notebook computer fan at Guang Hua Computer Market. The USB fan fits into the tiny exhaust port of her notebook and helps to blow out the hot air from inside the computer. Since we started using it, there has been no freezing up. Make sure you know what kind of vents your notebook has, because there are quite a few different kinds of notebook cooling fans, each designed for a different type of notebook setup.

Carrefour does carry computer stuff, but they don’t sell many things. For example, they sell pillows but not pillow cases. In your case, they don’t sell things such as notebook fans. You’d be better off going to Guang Hwa or to a 3C shop because they’re focused on providing the small parts that aren’t in high demand.

double post, please delete

Thanks for the giant YOU ARE HERE arrow. hehe

definitely go for the Thermaltake Ixoft
crazypc.com/products/ixoft-5330B.html

is comfortable on your lap, completely fanless and even manages to cool my asus g1s. definitely the best laptop cooler i have come across.

picked one up for 900NT from 3C. I’m sure they will be pretty much everywhere.

[quote=“JoeyJoJoJnrShabadu”]definitely go for the Thermaltake Ixoft

is comfortable on your lap, completely fanless and even manages to cool my asus g1s. definitely the best laptop cooler I have come across.

picked one up for 900NT from 3C. I’m sure they will be pretty much everywhere.[/quote]

Hmm, that cooler seems interesting. I wouldn’t think that something that was soft that can possibly block the vents on the bottom of my laptop would be effective at cooling it. I also don’t really need something for my lap as I use the laptop on a desk mostly.

i’ve had a few laptop coolers and this one definitely wins hands down.

I bought a laptop stand that lifts the back end up so you can get some air circulation underneath for about $400NT from the Cankun near the train station. No fan or anything, but the increased circulation has definitely caused the laptop’s fan to kick in less often.

Before I got the laptop cooler, I devised my own temporary solution. Stick some items under the laptop so that there’s a gap between the laptop and the table. I used pencils, but you could conceivably use anything lying around your apartment. The extra cm of space can really make a significant difference.

I use a pretty thick novel that I’ve finished. I also like the angle when typing. :smiley:

[quote=“JoeyJoJoJnrShabadu”]definitely go for the Thermaltake Ixoft

is comfortable on your lap, completely fanless and even manages to cool my asus g1s. definitely the best laptop cooler I have come across.

picked one up for 900NT from 3C. I’m sure they will be pretty much everywhere.[/quote]

I just bought one at 3C for my Macbook… doesn’t make much of a difference. Do they only work for laptops that have a fun underneath? The Macbook gets very hot underneath but there is no fan vent on the bottom just under the display.
Kinda regret spending the 950NT on it. :s

[quote=“bushibanned”][quote=“JoeyJoJoJnrShabadu”]definitely go for the Thermaltake Ixoft

I just bought one at 3C for my Macbook… doesn’t make much of a difference. Do they only work for laptops that have a fun underneath? The Macbook gets very hot underneath but there is no fan vent on the bottom just under the display.
Kinda regret spending the 950NT on it. :s[/quote]

Yea, I just got the IXoft today and I am not very impressed. No real cooling at all except maybe keep my lap from burning when I use my notebook on my lap. Bottom and top of my computer still seem pretty hot… does it take awhile for the cooling to happen? I have been using it for a few hours now…

I may go back to NOVA and get a CoolerMaster Notepal cooler. It’s made of aluminum and has active cooling fans. The biggest one is about 1400nt and has 3 fans and is angled for airflow underneath the stand.

newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6834999017