Large Majority of Americans Want Voter ID Laws

Of course, but it was just constructed as one possible way to create a lasting society.

There is nothing naturally inherent to it.

In what circumstances were you able to view how someone else was voting in a voting booth? Where?

3 Likes

Incorrect. It is a constitutional right.

1 Like

Yep. And there are people alive today whose “intelligence” to vote was determined by their ability to state how many bubbles were in a bar of soap.

So how does one go about determining who is “intelligent” enough to vote? You don’t. The right to vote goes to all US citizens, 18 and older. There’s talk about moving that down to 16, as 16 year olds are way more aware of the world than society has ever given them credit for, but that’s not the law right now.

Meanwhile, handing out water to voters in Georgia somehow is an election fraud risk and is now illegal. Tell more more about how this keeps our elections secure?

2 Likes

Do you know what a sheltered workshop is?

Something against the law, apparently, since you can’t help someone else fill out their ballot unless they are handicapped and have given you explicit, legal permission to do so.

1 Like

In whose Constitution?
Does the US Constitution grant rights to every human on Earth?

US citizens have the right to vote because they are privileged enough to live in a decent country.

You can’t apply one set of rules to everyone. We don’t have a world government yet. Maybe someday when we reach Type 1.

You obviously don’t know what a sheltered workshop is either.

Bring back poll tests? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Of course you’re right. The typical response is just to say “Oh, you’re right. I meant x”.

I still think Marco’s reasoning doesn’t work, but I’ll address that with him.

Most people can usually pick things out in context.

Yep. So… The answer to the questions are…?

I’d fully support poll tests.

You just did this to Copycat for a meaningless reason to score points. It didn’t help clarify your positions at all. I did this to address a fundamental problem with your reasoning, which clarified your position and its incoherence.

@copycat Denying prisoners the right to vote incentivizes mass incarceration. You want a state based on that?

This wasn’t to score points, but to drive home the point that human rights mean rights for the objective definition of human and that nothing changes when a person goes to prison.

Again, there’s only one person claiming my points are incoherent.

What many prisoners have done is indeed inhuman and inhumane. But we should not be inhumane ourselves. We only provide ammunition to those who oppose democracy and rights with our hypocrisy.

1 Like

Because the government decides who is of voting age and who is a legal citizen, why are those factors an appropriate way for the government to determine who can vote and others inappropriate?

There are some people that will accuse you of trying to score points any time you take a position thst is morally correct. Its a tiresome accusation and almost always baseless. Also insulting.

1 Like

Cause we need time to train the little ones so they can build a little @marco army. Muahahahaha

/s

1 Like

Not necessarily. You could deny the right to vote to anyone convicted of anything more than a misdemeanor, regardless of their current imprisonment status.