Large Majority of Americans Want Voter ID Laws

Well, that’s fucked up, especially if left up to the states.

2 Likes

That sounds politically and ideologically motivated. its also totally unconstitutional. Very CCP. Jailing people to keep them out of the civic process.

1 Like

Who died and made you God? Why do you get to arbitrarily decide what is and isn’t moral?

You’re just value signaling. :wink:

2 Likes

Dammit! More woke words I gotta look up.

I’m going to Chinese. It’s easier.

1 Like

Why do you think its arbitrary? the constitution decides the law. its also immoral to deny people human rights.

1 Like

Quick check on Google, 0.7% of the USA is in prison which is over 2 million votes up for grabs if they were allowed to vote, political parties might actually think about how to get those votes if prisoners were allowed to vote.

Plenty of countries in EU do it, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

1 Like

0.7% are in prison presently. Hes talking about a permanent ban. That’s an even more significant #

That is also an insane # of people to incarcerate, by any metric.

Just like it’s immoral to rape or murder or whatever? Many think there must be a line somewhere. I’ll form my opinion, but I won’t claim it to be moral. Morality doesn’t exist.

That’s your opinion.

I believe @nz answered your question.

You’re missing the point: Did their sentence fit their crime? if so, they did the time. When they get out the state has no right to take their vote away. On what grounds?

He gave a general answer. I was wondering about your specific answers.

One supported by history.

1 Like

It also could be by education level, paid tax amount, etc.

Something like the citizenship test?
how many US citizens can pass?

Or if you own land. :wink:

2 Likes

Lots of people in those workshops are in wheelchairs and barely have use of their hands. They spend their days putting light bulbs in sleeves, grips on hose ends or stickers on candy. They can’t read or write. How do you think they vote by themselves?
The where is wherever there are sheltered workshops. I did lots of volunteer work with developmentally disabled when I was younger.

No, something like the SAT.

And you told them what to vote?

1 Like

Where would you draw a line?

No I didn’t. I would also like to know under what circumstances you were able to see someone else voting in a voting booth?

1 Like