Large Majority of Americans Want Voter ID Laws

Which we would that be?

Compulsory voting is counter to the whole ideal, lol.

The royal we? :wink:

We should be able to vote online — for policies that politicians are bound to follow. Now that’s real democracy in an age of instant mass communications. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

I am not talking about bills introduced in Congress. Nowadays many conservatives even refuse to use the word “democracy” instead focusing on “republic”…not as an overall description but as a replacement to the idea that America was founded on democracy (which tends to conjure up ideas like equal rights for all through voting).

Of course, arguments are made regarding the semantics but the point is the conservative push forth the idea that a republic protects the rights of groups of people not in the majority…which of course is good…but they argue that the will of the majority can superseded by the rights of the minority when the minority is protecting themselves from the majority.

Conservatives will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER agree to a national ID card or mandatory voting. This was clear 30 years ago when I used to read books from the Heritage Foundation and listen to my conservative friends.

A national ID card would dramatically decrease voter fraud (if any exists). All of those millions of illegal aliens (according to Trump and his supporters) who voted illegally could certainly not vote without a national ID card.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 163758

MLB Not having it. Private sector not having it. GOP better wake up. #Goodnews

2 Likes

I dunno man, private sector? According to some here,

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

It turns out that Joe Biden’s own state, Delaware, has voting laws that are more restrictive (i.e., do a better job of protecting election integrity) than the new Georgia statute. So a Georgia representative has introduced legislation to conform Georgia’s election law to Delaware’s:

“This law will have five key features to make us like Delaware,” the state representative began. “Instead of having up to 19 days of early voting like we have here in Georgia, we’re going to have exactly zero early voting days, because that’s how they do it in Delaware.”

“Instead of having no-excuse absentee voting, like we have here in Georgia,” Cantrell continued, “we’re going to make you have an excuse to have an absentee ballot, and that excuse will be you’re either sick or you’re disabled, because that’s how they do it in Delaware.”

“Instead of having secure drop-boxes where you can place your absentee ballot in one of those drop-boxes for security’s sake, we’re going to provide you with exactly zero drop-boxes, because that’s how they do it in Delaware,” he said.

“And instead of being able to get food or drink from anyone outside of the 150-foot buffer zone while you’re voting, or being able to be provided water inside the 150-foot buffer area, we’re going to make it illegal for you to receive anything of value at any point while you’re standing in line to vote, because that’s how they do it in Delaware,” Cantrell added.

No word yet from Joe Biden on whether his own state’s election laws are “worse than Jim Crow.”

1 Like

Delaware doesn’t even require ID.

Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

1 Like

Yes:

3 Likes

Original source material contained within. :banana:

The court’s opinion concluded:

?…nowhere in this state’s election law has the Legislature indicated that signatures are to be presumed valid, nor did the Legislature require that signatures are to be accepted so long as there are any redeeming qualities in the application or return envelope as compared with the signature on file. Policy determinations like the one at issue — which places the thumb on the scale in favor of a signature’s validity — should be made pursuant to properly promulgated rules under the APA or by the Legislature.

2 Likes

It’s kind of an amazing phenomenon, watching inferior news stations like Breitbart continue to make an issue out of non-existent voter fraud problems.

The sign of a failed political movement, all this blaming and fretting about irrelevant issues and fake news stories. Kind of a no brainer why they lose and have to keep the voter suppression up, who would keep rolling with these losers?

2 Likes

Must be great that those that think they are the ‘resistance’ are backed by the corporates and blue blood elites:

1 Like

And if you let out a killer or readmit a potential killer to the US and they kill, are you not a killer
I’ve read and watched hundreds of victim impact statements in the news where perpetrator was let out of jail despite warnings from reputable sources and they’ve killed again.
Could the people who cast the decision to let these individuals out despite the high probability of them committing the same act again be considered murders as well.
BTW: There is a distinction between the words “kill” and “murder.”
For those who use the Ten Commandments or Christian Bible as a source for the western laws regarding murder, the distinction is made clear.

I’m not sure how Chinese or other traditional moral codes came to be but there seems to be a universal distinction between justified killing and murder as well.

Your point being…

I’m countering your above statement. Killing a killer may not make you a murderer.
As for voting being a human right?
It’s a citizen right exercised by competent a person.
Certain crimes or conditions break the “human contract” and the right should be forfeited.
I choose not to become Taiwanese at the moment so I have no right to vote…
I don’t have the right to complain since nationality is my choice.