Large Wall Maps of the World (in English)

Anyone seen them in Taipei? It would be for a classroom.

Send away. http://www.wall-maps.com/National-Geographic-world.htm
You won’t find better than these. Go for the Executive edition. From 25 bucks to 100 bucks or so for a mural size, available laminated.

Caves used to have decent sized ones. Not the best quality, though.

[quote]Send away. wall-maps.com/National-Geographic-world.htm
You won’t find better than these. Go for the Executive edition. From 25 bucks to 100 bucks or so for a mural size, available laminated.[/quote]

Amen. Expensive, but beautiful. I’ve got the beige version on a wall right now, and a good friend of mine has the green/blue. Worth the money. But, unless you buy one of the single-sheet versions, be very careful when having them applied to the wall. The largest versions come in several sheets, which must be cut and placed with a great deal of skill, and a great lack of cha bu duo.

My friend had the largest one installed in the office of his new home, and it was horribly botched the first time. The installers paid for a replacement, then botched that job, too, but not as badly. If you have someone install it for you, I suggest close supervision while they’re putting it up. The difficult bit is getting all of the captions and lines to match up properly on the wall–there’s a bit of overlap involved. Careful cutting and precise placement are required.

I got mine at caves.

hmm, I am curious, is their still anywhere to buy wall maps of China with Taibei as the capital and Mongolia included. I think that would be a fun gag gift to give to sinophiles.