Last Chance to legally obtain pet monkey in Taiwan

You got until February. I’m guessing you gotta trap it in the wild yourself :joy:

6 Likes

You would want to be insane to have one of those as your pet.

10 Likes

I’d rather have a tarantula, or a boa constrictor, or a scorpion…

2 Likes

I rather have a cat…

2 Likes

A cat can’t open and then hand you a beer

4 Likes

Your headline had me worried for a moment there. I thought Taiwan was going to ban us ESL teachers!

12 Likes

I would say “no thanks” because it is irresponsible to bring a monkey into our world with a great invention “money” and monkey pox.

Oh that’s dancing monkeys. They are welcome
Kids love em

1 Like

Dancing monkeys might also transmit disease… when kids bite them!

1 Like

Also, monkeys can be spanked. Possibly while drinking a beer.

As the animal is the only native primate living in the wild in Taiwan, and while its proximity to humans could lead to diseases jumping between the two, the macaques are not suitable to be kept as pets, officials said.

It’s kinda funny how the disease meme is their primary consideration. “Monkeypox” isn’t explicitly mentioned, but it’s pretty obvious what’s going on in their heads:

Potential injury risk to owner? Public nuisance? Inappropriateness of a Formosan macaque as a pet? Meh.

1 Like

It’s mostly exotic animals being caught in the wild and sold for profit, like exotic birds and other pets. It’s a really disgusting trade.

3 Likes

Just name it a ‘pest’.

Many will do with just having a wife.

1 Like

Why are you paraphrasing my post? :thinking:

2 Likes

Describing some wives? :thinking: Black widow, constriction, pinchers …

To be fair they bite like a sunnabitch! my moms finger is still fucked on the knuckle from them things. We joked about monkey aids at the time she visited Taiwan. probably less funny now. A few people we know get attacked by peoples pet monkeys too. it’s a weird one, but they dont tame amazingly well unless you get a very young baby.

here they just shoot them. too smart to trap. less so now because fewer people eat them, but still a “nuisance”. they are a huge problem to farmers which unfortunately like to kill them. If they weren’t native I would be all over helping source monkey pets to foreigners here. But, they have more rights than humans to be here, so monkey bites it is!

They are a handful and as bad as having six unruly kids in the kitchen

And they bite
They will dive in your swimming pool

They would make horrible pets

2 Likes

The monkey is gonna open the beer I doubt he will hand you one though

1 Like

Yeah, he’ll drink it, dirty monkey.

3 Likes