Latest recommended hotel in Tainan?

Hello Tainan residents, can you help Icon and pals choose a nice and not too expensive place to spend the night in the beautiful southern town of Tainan? No swimming pool or beer required.

I think someone recommended the Tree House, but I am not sure if from there getting to the HSR would be too inconvenient.

On our last trip to Tainan, we spent a nigt in the Tainan Light Hostel. It’s very basic with bunk bed rooms for backpackers, but they also have private rooms. It’s quite new and clean and located in the West Central District, on tourist-busy Hai’an Road with lots of dining options around. Also places like Confucius Temple and the Fine Arts Museum are in walking distance.

1 Like

What’s your price range and any features you are looking for?

There’s Aloft, Crown Plaza, Shang ri la for international ones

If you’re on a budget, there’s many good and clean hostels for as low as 300-600 a night

1 Like

Just a convenient location for us elderly ladies. :grandpa:

Safe and clean, close to eateries, convenient to get to HSR but not out in there so far from civilization…

I think the area around the old train station is not nice, am I right?

I don’t think there’s much around the HSR. I think your best bet is to take the train from HSR to Tainan downtown 台南車站 and there’s lots of options there. Shang ri la is right next to the train station and is above a large shopping mall.

1 Like

Well I am thinking 1000 per head more or less. More if so required.

I do not need that fancy but if breakfast is included or other amenities I’ll consider it.

I prefer hotels rather than hostels or BNB because I am not a backpacker anymore and most importantly safety/convenience.

Originally I was thinking Evergreen but Grand Banyan looks good too.

@jimbob132 yes, I think that is the best option

I’ve stayed at the Shang ri la there a few times and it’s quiet convenient, I think they start around 3500 NT a room if you share

For budget friendly options I’ve stayed at the Kindness hotel chain, they’re around 1500 NT for a room with two beds. Usually includes breakfast, snacks, late dinner, and quite clean.

This one is the closest to the train station:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6c5Ak6CN3XF2EkWW9?g_st=ic

Probably not what you are looking for, but I wanted to share this place, cause it’s kind of cool. Full of old stuff, and not far from the station.

2 Likes

I stayed at U.I.J Hotel near the art museum. No frills, clean, inexpensive, centrally located. Recommend!

2 Likes

Stayed at Bellus Inn a few times. The value proposition is excellent, rooms are big, location is great and it is impeccably clean.

3 Likes

I’ve never stayed at the Kindness in Tainan, but I can vouch for the one in Hualian. The late night meal included in the room price is especially welcome.

3 Likes

4.8 / 5 on google maps, with nearly 1700 reviews. You may be onto something . . .

EDIT: Based on the photos, it’s one of those properties which has toilets / bath separated from the rest of the room with transparent glass alone. Why do they do this. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

My room had a private bathroom with no transparent glass.

Their rooms are curated by designers and each room has a different style.

1 Like