Leash law in Taipei

Caught a notice in the China Post today.

Owners of off-leash dogs will be subject to a NT$3,000 fine, effective Jan. 1.

Watch yourselves.

Will it actually be a law where they enforce it? Or just another law that looks good having it in the books?

And where does leashing apply? In parks, on the sidewalk?

See Taiwan really is for pussies. My cat can ride the MRT (dogs cant), go inside many restaurants, walk without a leash, etc. :slight_smile:

I doubt such a puny fine will be effective.

Only for Neihu and Nankang. :loco:

Tommy525, dogs regularly do all this too. I think the idea may be that if it is being carried in the hand, it’s a living handbag, not a dog.

and then the precious taipei princess puts her arse-licking shit-scratching dog down onto the table, and acts like it’s the height of good manners. what’s perhaps worse is the lack of complaint from the cafe staff.

“hey, Bitch, get your owner out of here”

NT$3,000 is puny?

I recall a dozen years ago when Taipei made the helmet law. It was to take effect on June first, and offenders would be fined NT$600.

On May 31st less than half the people wore helmets. The next day, 99 percent had them.

Show the people that a law will be enforced, and NT$600 is enough to get people to comply.

[quote=“zender”]On May 31st less than half the people wore helmets. The next day, 99 percent had [/quote]2008 - 55% of children still don’t wear helmets on motorcycles
May31st - 10% wore helmets. Many years later it was 50%.

[quote=“urodacus”]Tommy525, dogs regularly do all this too. I think the idea may be that if it is being carried in the hand, it’s a living handbag, not a dog.[/quote]Animals are allowed on the MRT if they are in a carrier. It does state on the long list of rules posted at MRT stations.

Good Lord, last time Toto stuck his head out the bag-carrier on a bus -I was standing about to get off the bus- I got such a scolding from the driver: what if the dog bit someone, what if … :blah:

I am glad about the leash law and hope it will be enforced, especially in public parks.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“zender”]On May 31st less than half the people wore helmets. The next day, 99 percent had [/quote]2008 - 55% of children still don’t wear helmets on motorcycles
[/quote]

I’m talkin’ about PEOPLE; not CHILDREN! :whistle: