Legitimate Use of Brand Name

I can’t help but question if these are legitimate authorized licensed uses of the Hershey brand name? Think they are from Malaysia so are they authorized both there and here?

There are no Hershey chocolate candy bars on the shelves.

Hmmmmm, a majority of companies have different products in different countries and I have seen my fair share. This seems slightly legitimate but also, it has Julie’s branding at the top of the package so I’m not really sure. Julie’s may be a local Taiwan company, but I have no clue.

I wondered the same thing today when I saw some in FamilyMart

This article discusses the partnership between Malaysian biscuit maker Perfect Food Manufacturing and Hershey’s

The Julie’s Hershey’s range will go global, with the products currently being exported to 10 Asean countries as well as Mongolia and Taiwan.

Hershey’s has invested in a new confectionery plant in Johor to meet the growing demand for its products in the region.

The plant, which is set to start operations next year, will be Hershey’s single largest investment in Asia in 18 years of its presence in the region. It is also expected to support the growth of the Julie’s Hershey’s product range across Asia.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/2015/09/julie’s-hershey’s-cookies-going-global

They partnership dates back to 2014

“It is Hershey’s first collaboration with a Malaysian brand and we see this as a platform to penetrate the European market although it will not be sold in the United States.

2 Likes