Lesbian seeking for advice for travel in Taiwan

Hi All,

I’m bound to travel to Taiwan in Sept for my birthday celebration with my Vietnamese gf. However we have abit of problem here. Fot her to travel to Taiwan, she would require a visa… and i have checked with the Taiwan Consulate in Vietnam, if she does not fulfil fhe following requirement, she would not be able to apply for the visa.

• if she had not been to America or Japan previously
    ;/or
  • if she does not have any friends from Taiwan

we’re looking forward for our second honeymoon trip as previously we had travelled to Thailand…

Now the wish of celebrating my birthday with her in Taiwan seems bleak as i’m a Singaporean and neither do i have friends from Taiwan…

can anyone here suggest how else could i do to get the visa for her? By the way, i would be covering her whole expenses for our trip there and we would be flying to Taiwan from Singapore… can i submit a letter to show that she will be travelling with me, our travel tickets together, and my employment letter? Would this suffice and be able to send the visa application to the consulate?

Pardon me for the long post but hopefully someone kind here could advise as i’m desperate to find a way to make her dream come true…

Sincerely,
Your LGBT counterpart from Singapore

Suggest you ask the Taiwan Trade Office in Singapore: roc-taiwan.org/SG/mp.asp?mp=287

Hi John,

I’ve already contacted the trade office in Singapore as well. However i’m unable to apply the visa for my gf in sg as she does not hold sg citizenship nor is she working in sg as well. They told me to apply it in her home country, Vietnam. Is it advisable if i were to just give it a shot to apply for the visa with just the air ticket proof to tw and her sg ticket and letter from myself and my passport?

What I mean is that the questions you are asking can best be answered by trade office officials.

Hi John,

Appreciate your reply. Seemed like i have no choice but to wait for replies from the Trade Office. Many thanks!