Let's talk about Trump

Feel free to prove otherwise. Let’s see all those left wing conspiracies that are propagated by major news outlets.

That is different (and open to interpretation) than…

Who’s being censored? And how are they smugly doing it?

My turn. You know.

As I said, they will go along with it and think they are in the right in that opinion–as the poll says. Pew Research poll by the way, not “Cybersecurity for Democracy” :slight_smile:

My turn to use emojis. :rofl:

Oh right…you must have asked for information and I didn’t provide any data whatsoever.

Hypothetically? But not actually occuring?

My only point was that some (disturbingly many) people have expressed a willingness to accept censorship, and it is skewed to the left according to that poll :man_shrugging:

Censorship is occurring though, we know that.

1 Like

I understand your point.

Regarding misinformation skewing towards the Right, I have not seen any evidence from you to the contrary. Of course there has to be conspiracy theories on the Left somewhere but the fact I can’t name any off the top of my head despite consuming both right-leaning and left-leaning news, leads me to the conclusion there aren’t any mainstream ones.

My point is if it was the other way around I’m sure a poll would show conservatives wanting to curb tail misinformation since that would serve their interest. Not sure why you disagree with that unless you believe censorship is somehow characteristic of the Left, and not the Right. But looking at Florida we know that not to be true.

Censorship has always occured.

You’ve summed it up beautifully. Many people think that what they don’t agree with is misinformation, while what they agree with is pristine information. As you show they perhaps can’t even see that dynamic at work. The question is why so many on the left are willing to support censorship, which can be turned against them very easily in the future, and which is certainly becoming more prevalent, though not particularly in Florida? What, keeping books showing blowjobs out of kid’s libraries?

You seem very comfortable with it.

2 Likes

Ramaswamy on the Trump indictment. Very well put.

1 Like

Sure there are, you just don’t see it that way

Here’s a great example of conspiracy-based misinformation that has gone mainstream in a big way

Critical race theory would be more aptly named as conspiracy race theory, if you think about it. I’m not saying there is no racism, but to just blame everything on white people is worse than stupid, it is racist

The mainstream doesn’t label mainstream ideas as conspiracy theories, but that doesn’t make it less true

That is, assuming you believe in truth. The conspiratorial and bizzarre theory that truth is white supremacist has gladly gone largely silent, but has been used to censor

4 Likes

:100:

Is that all it is or is that a deliberate exaggeration on your part?

I’ve already stated my position so “seem” is irrelevant.

Thats a poor description, or intentional distortion, of what the intent of critical race theory is. There are historical reasons why African Americans and segregated in certain neighborhoods. Studying why that is doesn’t mean you’re blaming all white people. The study of historical vestiges of racial disparity in the legal system is apathetic to current political machinations.

Calling that a conspiracy theory couldn’t be a better example of false equivalence.

So if the president broke the law he should never be prosecuted because it might be perceived as politically motivated? It’s the Republicans who are benefitting from undermining confidence in our legal system. How could that possibly ever backfire?

That’s some logic.

Your irony meter is irreparably broken… :sweat_smile:

Intentions don’t matter (another example of leftist misinformation, IMO)

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/intentions-in-racism-don-t-matter-impact-does/article_8fe9f970-8e71-5ddb-892f-802c6a4f9cdf.html

And an impact of CRT is 1619 project, which you conveniently ignored

I have agreed with you that the right is more conspiratorial, I am just showing very mainstream examples of how the left is also pushing misinformation

Shows repeatedly, it seems

Unfortunately, Ramaswamy can’t be trusted when it comes to Taiwan (not that he has any chance of being elected anyway).

https://news.yahoo.com/ramaswamy-vows-defend-taiwan-china-220725269.html

I’m not going down the rabbit hole with you to use the word CRT to mean everything under sun where someone white might feel guilty.

Yeah I don’t think anything is pristine, but keep trying.

That’s not how I’m using it, but I can see how all the back reading would be so deep as to be intimidating. Anyways, you wanted examples beyond the currently fashionable gender stuff, they are there. If you don’t get it, that’s fine. I’m not expecting to change your mind any more than I am a supporter of Trump

No, among other reasons I wouldn’t vote for him. He could wind up as a VP candidate.

Well, to be fair, the slide towards American isolationism has been going on for years, decades. Viv just said the mean part out loud: We are a hit it and quit it empire now.

Seems too smart and outspoken to be VP. A certain lack of intelligence almost seems like a job requirement.